Join Hotel Emblem and Viceroy Hotel Group today as our new Full-Time Maintenance Engineer in San Francisco, CA!
ABOUT HOTEL EMBLEM
The 96-room property, formerly Hotel Rex, we opened early 2019 after an extensive renovation and re-brand inspired by the Beat Generation. San Francisco’s famous cultural movement awoke the nation’s rebellious side, and Hotel Emblem will bring the vibe back as a free-thinking enclave brimming with creative design elements and modern provocations.
Every corner of Hotel Emblem is being reimagined to spark conversation and empower guests to think and act boldly. Experiences include a cocktail-focused lounge, lobby with a book-filled Writer’s Alcove, and stylishly eclectic guestrooms. Throughout the spaces, guests will be inspired by figurative and literal pages from the works that defined the Beat Generation. In addition to setting a counterculture scene, the hotel offers the warm hospitality that Viceroy guests are accustomed to, along with unique access to the best San Francisco has to offer.
Hotel Emblem is ideally located in the heart of the city, at the confluence of two storied neighborhoods, Union Square and Nob Hill, and mere blocks away from Jackson Square, the historic and culturally rich epicenter of the Beat Generation. The hotel is owned by DiamondRock Hospitality Company and is newly a member of The Viceroy Urban Retreats, poised to redefine the modern hotel experience.
Reporting directly to the Chief Engineer, this role will help in provide a strong level of support to the Emblem Maintenance Engineering team in the area of building and facilities maintenance.
- Assist with preventative maintenance and complete report work orders to maintain the hotel and keep the product quality standard
- Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis
- Assist in checking electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, television sets, lighting systems, and make minor repairs and/or replacement
- Assist in checking and making routine repairs and assist on major repairs of all hotel equipment including small appliances, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, boilers, HVAC, hand and power tools and general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipe lines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment
- Maintain the building exterior and "curb appeal"
- Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors windows and counters
- Paint and finish furniture and fixtures if needed
- Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction
- Operation of heavy machinery
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at-all-times
- Can communicate well with guests
- Must be willing to pitch-in and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player
- Climbing, reading, standing, walking and routinely lifting 25 lbs to 50 lbs
- Must be able to receive instructions and communicate progress of work assignments
Hotel Emblem is located at 562 Sutter Street in San Francisco, CA.
We offer a wide variety of benefits to our full-time colleagues including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, travel benefits, a matching 401k and more!
See our extraordinary hotels at www.viceroyhotelgroup.com
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.
Employer will consider all qualified applicants in a manner that adheres to the regulations and requirements of the Fair Chance Ordinance.