Picturesquely located in one of the most desirable areas in Southern California, the Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel fuses classic sophistication and contemporary chic. Located just steps from the city's distinctive boutiques, restaurants and beach activities, Viceroy Santa Monica offers engaging service in a most unique setting.
Front Office Manager:
As Front Office Manager, this role oversees the daily operations of the Front Office team, ensuring that we meet Hotel standards to create a memorable guest experience.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Rooms, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Review current day’s expected arrivals and check all VIP and special request reservations to ensure that they are pre-registered, blocked properly and other departments are notified of room assignment
- Review the room availability and check status of departures on a daily basis
- Relay all pertinent information to the Assistant Front Office Managers, Front Desk Agents, Bellpersons, Concierge, and PBX operators
- Supervise, coach, and mentor the Front Desk team ensuring the correct sequence of events for proper registration and checkout of guests
- Manage staffing levels as occupancy fluctuates
- Ensure efficient guest check in, check out, and telephone service procedures are met
- Ensure that team duties are completed in accordance with established policies, procedures, and standards
- Handle any guest challenges that may arise
- Resolve any guest opportunity to ensure complete guest satisfaction
- Create a welcoming environment for all guests and patrons; assure that all guests are acknowledged while in the lobby either verbally or visually. Accept requests from guests regarding luggage handling and storage, delivery of items. Maintain all logbooks, keeping them accurate, updated and in good order.
- Resolve guest and employee concerns expeditiously in a manner, which is beneficial to all involved
- Participate in ongoing training of associates for continued performance improvement. Recognize outstanding performance by service personnel and handle discipline as per standard operating procedures.
- Ensure colleagues are adhering to dress code and operational departmental areas are up to standard
- Maintain a daily log of all guests’ opportunities with corrective action steps
- Follow-up on any unresolved situations in a timely manner and pass on appropriate information to other Managers for handling.
- When necessary, actively contribute to the successful operation of the Hotel by working with other Managers
- Other duties as assigned
Previous management in a luxury Hotel an asset
Union experience an asset
Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
Excellent communication and organizational skills
Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
Highly responsible & reliable
Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
Ability to focus attention on internal/external guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
Frequent sitting and walking throughout shift
Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided).
This posting in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the colleague occupying this position. Colleagues will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.