As an active member of the Executive Committee, the Hotel Managers oversees and directs all aspects of both the Rooms function and Food and Beverage function of the hotel. Under Rooms Operations include Front Office, Housekeeping and Engineering. Food & Beverage Operations include Culinary, Restaurant, In Room Dining and Lounge. The Hotel Manager adheres to Company standards and accepts other responsibilities as assigned by the General Manager.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Reviews and approves hotel operations and food and beverage department budgets, defining and directing changes, as required.
- Reviews forecasts and balanced scorecard. Directs hotel actions required maximizing profitability, increasing service levels and improving team member satisfaction.
- Consults with hotel owners as appropriate.
- Hires, supervises, coaches, disciplines and conducts performance evaluations for department heads and key personnel.
- Develops the skills and abilities of direct reports, monitors high potential department heads and colleague activity and ensures their growth within the company
- Assists in monitoring present and future trends, practices and systems in the hotel industry and determines and ensures execution of competitive programs as directed.
- Develop the overall strategy of the department to maximize guest satisfaction, colleague satisfaction and profit.
- Promote facilities and services, resolve problems and maintain communications with all departments to ensure consistency in the service provided.
- Directs the ordering of Food and Beverage equipment and supplies and directs the implementation of new service standards, supplies and equipment
- Understands the impact of Food and Beverage operations to the overall hotel financial goal. Implements effective control of food, beverage and labor costs among all sub departments. Assists the food and beverage managers in establishing and achieving predetermined profit objectives and desired, merchandising and promotions.
- Work closely with General Manager on maintaining strong relationship with vendors, hospitality competitors and city officials.
- In the absence of the General Manager, assumes responsibilities as appropriate
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Is a driven and motivated hospitality professional who has gained progressive leadership experience in Food & Beverage Operation.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, high level of attention to detail.
- Self-confident, proactive and able to prioritize responsibilities to meet deadlines, enhancing hotel service levels.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate activities both inter and intra-departmentally, make decisions in the best interest of hotel,
- Computer proficiency not limited to: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Maintain a high level of service and seek continual improvement in all areas to our internal and external guests to maximize guest and colleague satisfaction.
- Promote a positive work environment; select and train new colleagues; continuously provide recognition, mentoring and coaching to existing colleagues.
- Flexible schedule