Bracebridge Capital, LLC is a leading hedge fund manager with over $12 billion of net assets under management. The firm pursues investment strategies primarily within the global fixed income markets with the objectives of capital preservation and absolute return without significant correlation to equity, interest rate and foreign exchange markets. Established in 1994, Bracebridge manages private investment funds that serve endowments, foundations, pension funds and other institutional and high-net-worth investors.
Approximately 130 employees operate from our office located in Boston’s historic Back Bay. The entrepreneurial and collaborative culture at Bracebridge rewards and supports motivated, dedicated, enthusiastic and intellectually curious individuals. We believe our firm’s greatest asset is the people who work here.
We are currently seeking an experienced Investment Analyst focused on the Structured Product space. The primary responsibilities of this position will include working closely with Portfolio Managers to evaluate investment decisions, monitor asset performance and provide the senior investment team with detailed research, analytics, modeling, and fundamental analysis. The Investment Analyst should be familiar with market protocols within Structured Products and Fixed Income, and be able to function in a trading capacity.
• Work with PMs across a large portfolio of U.S. residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS) to perform fundamental and relative value analysis
• Provide advanced asset diligence and cash flow analysis, assess data integrity, and conduct deep, investigative work on large data sets
• Build proprietary decision-making models for investing in the portfolio and evaluating risk, provide scenario-based analytics to investment and research teams, and maintain surveillance across the portfolio
• Assist in the execution of trading strategies and interface with the sell-side
• Top academic credentials with a BS/BA in Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or another related field
• 3 plus years of relevant work experience in Structured Products (trading preferred)
• Demonstrated interest in financial markets and a passion for problem-solving
• Strong math, analytical and programming skills (knowledge of VBA, C# or SQL preferred)
• Strong command of Intex and Bloomberg functionality
• High level of initiative, flexible thinking, and time management skills, as well as the ability to work under pressure
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills