The Legal Counsel will join a legal team that has a broad range of responsibilities relevant to our business, including legal support for fund investment transactions and structures, trading activities, litigation support and other management company and investment advisory matters. The work encompasses transactional, contractual and regulatory matters and requires solid drafting skills. This position will work closely with trading, tax, finance and operations personnel. The ideal candidate has excellent legal skills, together with some familiarity with fixed income products, debtor-creditor relationships and/or litigation-related matters.
Primary Responsibilities may include from time to time:
• Broad range of legal work involving portfolio investment transactions, including reviewing, drafting and negotiating term sheets, purchase and sale agreements, and related documents.
• Working closely with tax and finance professionals, independent directors and outside counsel on work relating to ongoing operations of investment vehicles.
• Interacting with outside counsel to assist traders with their analysis of litigation matters that may affect portfolio investments.
• Reviewing and summarizing regulatory developments in the U.S., the EU and elsewhere.
• Participating in counterparty negotiations involving swaps, repos and other trading agreements.
• J.D. degree and 3 to 5 years relevant work experience.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and deliver high quality work in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong team player who combines interpersonal and communication skills along with keen analytical capabilities.
• Excellent work ethic that demonstrates initiative, problem solving and continuous learning.