Bracebridge Capital, LLC is a leading hedge fund manager with over $12 billion of net assets under management. The firm pursues investment strategies primarily within the global fixed income markets with the objectives of capital preservation and absolute return without significant correlation to equity, interest rate and foreign exchange markets. Established in 1994, Bracebridge manages private investment funds that serve endowments, foundations, pension funds and other institutional and high-net-worth investors.
Approximately 135 employees operate from our office located in Boston’s historic Back Bay. The entrepreneurial and collaborative culture at Bracebridge rewards and supports motivated, dedicated, enthusiastic and intellectually curious individuals. We believe our firm’s greatest asset is the people who work here.
Bracebridge is currently seeking a financial markets professional with security and derivative pricing expertise in the global securitized markets, including subprime RMBS, agency and non-agency CMBS, structured bonds and other fixed and floating ABS. The Junior Valuation Analyst will work closely with the Valuation Manager as well as the firm’s traders and analysts throughout the valuation process.
• Evaluate the market prices used in securitized benchmark indices and other fixed income products and services on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Analyze internally sourced pricing as well as externally sourced pricing for accuracy
• Research and resolve pricing discrepancies through modeling and analysis and working with third party vendors
• Work with Valuation Manager and other analysts to enhance pricing models. Conduct tolerance testing of results
• Assist with the preparation of documentation for month-end reporting and regulatory audits
• BS or MS degree in finance or mathematics and or related field
• 1 to 2 years of “hands on” experience in a fixed income security valuation role
• Knowledge of fixed income securities such as corporate bonds, RMBS, CMBS and ABS as well as of single name derivatives and indices
• General understanding of traditional mortgage financing, yield curves, and spread movements
• Experience working with third party vendors such as Bloomberg, Markit, ICE, Intex, and Pricing Direct
• VBA, SQL, and Python preferred
• Strong Excel skills preferred
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, meet deadlines, and deliver high quality, error-free work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills are essential