We're Comprehensive Pharmacy Services, the nation's largest pharmacy services provider for 600+ acute-care hospitals, long term acute-care, behavioral health systems, and specialty hospitals throughout the US and Puerto Rico. Since 1971 we've delivered pharmacy service value through financial, operational, clinical, therapeutic, and regulatory expertise. And we’re growing at a breathtaking rate. You'll discover, along with almost 2,000 other employees; that CPS is a company you’ll be proud to grow with.
Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator-Full time
Jennings American Legion Hospital / Jennings, LA
As a full time, exempt Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator with Comprehensive Pharmacy Services (CPS) at Jennings American Legion Hospital, you’ll be responsible for leading clinical pharmacy programs and services at the site level as well as staffing duties. You will also:
• Serve as a clinical resource for the provision of pharmaceutical care and clinical pharmacy services at the site level
• Coordinate all activities related to the Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee (or equivalent) and for formulary management
• Build effective relationships with other healthcare professionals and departments within the hospital and company
• Promote clinically rational drug therapy and sound pharmaceutical care through the development of new (or expansion of existing) pharmacy practice programs, drug therapy policies, and other programs
• Participate and assist the Director of Pharmacy in all activities as assigned
• Assists with pharmacy staffing in the mornings
This position works primarily Monday-Friday from 7a-3:30p and 2 weekends out of every 6 weekends, as well as 2 holidays per year.
- Graduate of an accredited PharmD or BS Pharmacy program
- LA Pharmacist license in good standing
- Completion of a PGY1 OR 2 years recent clinical work experience working in a hospital setting required
- Minimum one-year experience as a supervisory pharmacist involved with program development
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Facility: For more than 60 years, Jennings American Legion Hospital has been providing excellent medical care. This is a privately owned, non-profit rural hospital licensed for 60 beds. Services include Cardiology, Emergency, OBGYN, Radiology, Respiratory, Surgical Care, Surgery and Breast Center. CPS has partnered with the hospital to manage the day to day operations of the pharmacy and all staff are employed by CPS.
Benefits: CPS full-time employees enjoy a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, 401(k) with a Match, Paid Time Off (PTO) Program, Company Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability, Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance, Medical Flex and Dependent Care Accounts, and more.
About CPS: Founded nearly 50 years ago and employing over 2,500 clinical, regulatory, and operational pharmacy professionals, Comprehensive Pharmacy Services is the nation’s oldest and largest provider of pharmacy support services to more than 700 hospitals and healthcare facilities across the United States and Puerto Rico. CPS helps hospital pharmacists tackle complex problems such as medication reconciliation, hyper-inflated drug costs, standardization, centralized distribution, regulatory & compliance, and 340B programs leading to increased quality, reduced admissions and lower costs. Services provided by CPS include pharmacy management, pharmacy consulting, specialized pharmacy services, telepharmacy, 340B program compliance assurance, ambulatory & retail pharmacy services, medication related transition of care, and pharmacy analytics. For more information, visit http://www.cpspharm.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability