Tutors assist students in successfully completing particular courses. Tutors are hired in specific subject areas. Weekly hours may vary by subject area: some tutors will have weekly lab hours, while others will work with students by request only.
Tutoring opportunities may be available at all four locations - Wisconsin Rapids, Stevens Point, Marshfield, and Adams.
Duties & Responsibilities
Provide academic assistance to currently registered students on-campus in one-on-one, small-group, or open-lab setting.
Complete paperwork properly and submit in a timely manner; paperwork may include bi-weekly timesheet, sign-in sheets, etc.
Coordinate with instructors and Tutoring Coordinator to assist students in understanding the subject material.
Communicate with Tutoring Coordinator on student progress, issues that arise, etc.
Coordinate and prepare for tutoring sessions.
Be present and on-time for all tutoring appointments.
Visit classes, as appropriate, to introduce self.
Attend training for new tutors.
Follow tutor guidelines as provided by the Tutoring Coordinator.
Maintain confidentiality and integrity.
Other duties as assigned.
Student tutors must excel in the specific subject in which they will tutor. A final grade of “B” or better and instructor referral is required for each tutored class.
Non-student tutors must be proficient in subject; experience in tutoring or teaching is preferred but not required.
Must possess excellent problem resolution, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Must embrace Mid-State's "core values" of student centeredness, commitment, accountability, respect, integrity, and exceptional service.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation dependent upon qualifications and experience.
There are no benefits associated with this position.
How To Apply
To be considered tutoring opportunities, you must complete an online application. You should have the following information available when completing an application:
- Contact information (addresses, phone numbers)
Application materials submitted via mail, fax, email, or in-person will not be considered.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Mid-State Technical College, an equal opportunity employer and educator, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or other applicable legislated categories, in its services, employment programs, and/or its educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admission, treatment, and access. Mid-State Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: VP-Human Resources, 32nd Street N, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494, Phone: 715-422-5325.
Optimize Your Online Application Experience
Below you will find a few technical tips to help ensure a positive and successful online application experience:
- Be sure to fill in each field in the application. You will receive an error message at the time of submission and your application will not be submitted if each required field is not filled in.
- Avoid clicking the back, forward, or refresh buttons while applying. Doing so will interfere with the submission and may result in data loss.
- Clear your browser's temporary files/cache and cookies prior to beginning the application.
- Disable pop-up blockers.
- Do not bookmark or favorite the application. Navigate to the careers site each time you wish to access your saved/submitted application.
- Your application session will remain open for 24 hours assuming you do not close your browser. To ensure submission, complete the application process within that time frame.
- The following browsers and operating systems are currently supported:
Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9
Internet Explorer 10, 11 (Only when used with Windows 7 or 8)
Safari 5 for Windows
Supported Operating Systems
Windows XP, 7(32-bit), 7(64-bit)
If you experience issues in submitting your online application, please contact Human Resources at 715.422.5568.