Commercial Lines Marketing Manager
"You work for NJM? That's a great company!" If you're hired at NJM, you'll hear it over and over again from friends, family and neighbors. Why? Because NJM is committed to providing its customers with superior service, and great service goes a long way. Why else is NJM called a great company? Because our employees enjoy working here, are appreciated, and are provided with a terrific benefits plan.
The Commercial Lines (CL) Marketing Manager’s primary role is to manage the strategy and execution of our ongoing and upcoming marketing campaigns. This position will act as a primary liaison between NJM marketing, Commercial Lines and our third party advertising agencies and will be responsible for managing the ongoing evolution of the CL marketing strategy across various channels and mediums.
• Daily management of the various CL marketing campaigns, inclusive of print, direct mail, email and digital. This includes giving direction to and regular communication with the direct mail vendor and Ad agency
• Regularly review various data sources to identify best performing campaigns and success as compared to established KPI’s. The CL marketing manager will be responsible for reading these data sets to ultimately make recommendations to enhance, revise and automate future campaigns
• Collaborate closely with Commercial Lines stakeholders to support their policy growth goals
• Identify new growth channels and mediums and help discover potential marketing and association based partners
• Responsible for collaboratively creating the strategy and ultimately launching new CL marketing initiatives and tactics to achieve growth goals
• Create and enhance relationships with various Association and Insurance broker/agent partners across our geographic footprint
• Support the digital marketing specialist, business process coordinator, marketing analyst and SalesForce administrator.
• Keep pace with industry trends and developments
• Become subject matter expert on the competition’s methods of marketing and distributing CL products and packages, this includes market research
• Play an active role in the ongoing development of our Content Management System (CMS) optimization strategy specifically for CL geographic and product expansion
• Support the ongoing growth of our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform
• Regular communication with the Corporate Communication and Public Affairs team and reporting to management on project development, timelines, potential areas of improvement and results
Additional Job Responsibilities:
• Manage the strategy and execution of our ongoing and upcoming marketing campaigns which includes close oversight of NJM’s Advertising Agency partner and internal Communications department to ensure all deliverables are understood and being delivered in a timely manner to the various stakeholders.
• Responsible for collaboratively creating the strategy and ultimately launching new CL marketing initiatives and tactics to achieve growth goals. Strategy should be based on intelligence garnered from various data sources to identify best performing campaigns and success as compared to established KPI’s. The CL marketing manager will be responsible for reading these data sets to ultimately make recommendations to enhance, revise and automate future campaigns.
• Manage Commercial Lines specific marketing relationships with various Association partners including the oversight of their associated events. This individual is expected to project a professional image at these events and be capable of answering prospective client and customer questions. Additionally, the position will make recommendations for future partnership opportunities.
• Identify new growth channels and mediums and help discover potential marketing and association based partners, this includes support towards the advancement of NJM’s broker engagement strategy
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• 5+ years of Financial Services/Insurance experience is required
• Knowledge of Commercial Lines P&C products and associated marketing tactics preferred
• A degree from a 4 year accredited college/university is required
• General Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising or Communications degree preferred
• Active P&C License preferred (P&C experience is required)
• CPCU designation a plus
• Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills
• Demonstrated expertise in applying detail and analytical accuracy to project work, coupled with excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks
• Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• Agency Management System (AMS) and SalesForce CRM experience a plus
NJM is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is fully representative of the diversity that exists in the communities in which we do business.