DATE: April 22, 2020
FROM: Human Resources
POSITION: Admissions CRM Specialist
Effective immediately: Full-time Admissions CRM Specialist in Wilmington University’s Admissions Department.
Why Join Wilmington University?
Established in 1968, Wilmington University is a private, nonprofit, open-access university enrolling approximately 20,000 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral level students whose areas of focus are in Business, Communication, Education, Health Professions, Social and Behavioral Sciences, and Technology. Wilmington University serves nontraditional and traditional students seeking flexible scheduling, convenient classroom locations, and affordable tuition. The University has locations in Delaware, New Jersey, and Maryland and provides both learning in online and traditional classroom formats. As an institution with admissions policies that provide access for all, it offers opportunity for higher education to students of varying ages, interests, and aspirations.
The Admissions CRM Specialist is responsible for implementing and overseeing processes, workflows, triggers and tasks within the University’s CRM system (Ellucian Recruit) to better serve our students and staff members. This individual is responsible for general oversight of functional processes within the CRM and serves as a conduit between the Admissions and IT teams. This role is responsible for providing guidance and direction in all user experience aspects of CRM functionality. This includes identifying needs within the system as it relates to functionality, improving the user experience, and identifying enhancements to meet institutional priorities and goals.
Essential responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
1. Analyze CRM and business functionality: Analyze processes in Admissions Operations, Admissions Services, and International Affairs and build, maintain, and improve workflow functionality. Work closely with constituents to build and execute refinement plans. This includes creating workflows and tasks, triggered functions, collecting and tracking appropriate data and portal functionality in collaboration with the CRM Administrator.
2. Communication plans:
• Identify needs and drive strategies necessary to improve communication plans steps and processes in support of institutional priorities, and the recruitment and admissions student funnel experience. This includes serving as the strategist and liaison to identify opportunities for engagement and additional or modified touchpoints for prospective students and applicants.
• Strategize, create and configure email-marketing plans for one-off need-based campaigns through specific rules, triggers, workflows and template maintenance. This includes working closely with constituents throughout the university to identify key target audiences and opportunities throughout the year.
3. Project Management: This position is responsible for identifying, prioritizing, and managing Admissions related CRM projects and executing functional tasks and projects. This also includes a close collaboration with the CRM Administrator and IT team. This individual will work to identify needs within the CRM and serve as a conduit to prioritize project needs.
4. Improve CRM Functionality: Interface with colleagues (Web Communications, University Relations, IT) as needed to increase the functionality, usability and sophistication of the CRM tool and its capabilities. This includes identifying functionality to improve processes for team members within Recruiting, University Relations and Admissions.
5. CRM Reporting: Build customized reports and dashboards for Admissions representatives and other constituents throughout the university as needed. Serve as a liaison to identify ways to improve processes and campaigns.
6. Training: Facilitate system training, and develop required documentation that supports the utilization of system functionality to support Admissions processing.
7. CRM portal: Create and maintain a personalized web presence for applicants through the customizable portal. Track effectiveness of features and identify opportunities for improvement. Work closely with Admissions Operations and Web Communications to build a student-focused user-friendly experience for new students. This includes management of document uploading, portal configurations and providing specific content to key audiences.
8. Product improvements: Investigate out-of-box features and capabilities; make recommendations for products and services.
Requirements: A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or Information Technology is required. A Master’s Degree in Marketing or a related field is preferred. Must have excellent communication, customer service skills, and organizational skills. Must be detail-oriented and able to work with diverse populations. Must be self-directed and able to make decisions independently. Must show proficiency in all Microsoft Office suite products. The ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality in any situation is necessary. Preferred experience with the following: Preferred minimum 3-5 years’ experience with student information systems such as Banner, CRM systems such as Microsoft Dynamics or Salesforce CRM. Preferably knowledge with entity relationships and forms within CRM systems, and building and maintaining workflows.
Hours of Employment: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, or 10:00 am – 6:00 pm. The incumbent must be flexible with their hours to meet the needs of the department and the University. Some evening and weekend hours may be required. Travel to events and/or conferences may also be required.
Benefits: Wilmington University offers an excellent benefit package that includes Medical and Dental, Vision, Retirement Plan (403b), Dependent Care Assistance, Life & Disability Insurances, and Education benefits.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled