At Dürr Technik USA, Inc. we take pride in being recognized as the manufacturers of premium quality, small oil-free air compressors, vacuum pumps, air compressor systems and customized system solutions.
We are part of the Dürr Group and operating as the North-American subsidiary of Dürr GmbH & Co.KG , headquartered in Germany, with subsidiaries in several countries.
We channel our collective expertise to stretch the limits of technology, understand our customers’ needs, and help them get to market faster.
High level of competency, motivation, customer centered approach and teamwork are the key elements to secure our long-term market position.
Join a Winning Team:
We are looking for a talented individual to join our dynamic team, as a Mechanical Project Engineer.
Work with the industry’s best professionals in a culture that values your skills and encourages you to take initiative.
Responsibilities (Product Design, R&D including prototyping, Drafting, Manufacturing Engineering and Support, Technical writing, Technical Support):
- Design and develop customer specific products with consideration to achieving manufacturability, quality, safety and cost goals.
- 3-D model and 2-D detail drawings
- Assembly drawings
- Create wiring and pneumatic diagrams
- Generate test procedures for Production
- Set-up test rigs and collect, analyze data
- Validation testing, product specification verification, product performance testing, regulatory safety testing, product durability and reliability testing, field testing
- Manufacturing support
- Work with the Purchasing Department, existing and prospective suppliers to proactively find the necessary parts for new products and to source part/component replacements in order to sustain existing production operations and product improvements
- Maintain the integrity of all engineering data, instruction sheets, and engineering design files by complying with all engineering policies and procedures
- Generate, update, improve and approve manuals and instructions for product literature
- Sales and technical support, including installation and equipment operation
- Assist in coverage of Trade Shows, including setting up and breaking down
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
Skills & Ability:
- Strong knowledge of SolidWorks, proven 3D CAD modeling and drafting skills.
- Thorough knowledge of sheet metal fabrication and CNC machining processes.
- Thorough knowledge of Electric motors and power transmission systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of shock vibration analysis, acoustical noise, mechanical stress, heat transfer and fluid mechanics.
- Understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic systems, pumps, compressors and fluid power systems.
- Familiarity of UL and ISO Regulatory Requirements.
- Test and measurement instrumentation systems for AC power, mass flow of gasses, moisture content of gasses, temperature, force and torque.
- Excellent hands-on ability and mechanical aptitude is a must.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Power Point software.
- Understanding plastic injection molding and metal casting processes a plus.
- Working knowledge of ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel codes is a plus.
- Experience in field implementation is a plus.
- Must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must possess strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Able to travel as needed, valid driver’s license and passport or eligibility for passport is required.
- Able to lift and carry parts and products up to 50 pounds
- Individual is expected to set example in areas of personal character through commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) is offered to full-time employees.
Work Experience Requirements:
- Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) preferably working within a manufacturing environment
- BSME with minimum 2 years of related work experience.
It is the policy of Air Techniques to provide equal employment to qualified persons without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender or citizenship, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual preference, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
It is the policy of Air Techniques to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual preference, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.