Brainstorm Creative Resources is supporting an influential, national broadcast media organization that is headquartered in Washington, DC. We have worked closely with them throughout the last year, and have a relationship with the organization's Creative Director that extends back more than a decade.
Our client is interested in engaging a Senior Designer or Art Director, in an open-ended, on-site, freelance assignment. We will consider talented designers who are only seeking a part-time commitment of at least 15 hours/week AND we are also very interested in talking with appropriately qualified designers who are looking for full-time hours. Since this long-term, temporary assignment will require an on-site presence, we will not consider applicants who want to work from home (i.e. remotely).
The individual in this position will work with the organization's Creative Director for Marketing & Branding and other designers and writers, and will play an essential role in developing the creative strategy, conception, and execution of creative marketing ideas. S/he will ensure that art direction and design are in line with the organization's brand and strategy when developing any of the following: multi-channel campaigns, transit, print, digital advertising, corporate identity, brand development, paid and unpaid social media content. The person in this role must also be able to excel as an organizational brand steward, ensuring that the organization's main brand and key sub-brand guidelines are clearly articulated so that key stakeholders can understand best uses in-market.
• Execute original, conceptual, and compelling work from big idea/concept to final creation—independently or in partnership with other members of the team.
• Able to work independently as needed with limited creative oversight.
• Partners with copywriter to provide small and large scale creative solutions that meet and exceed the requirements of creative briefs.
• Collaborates/supervises creative work by external agencies and other creative partners to ensure proper brand representation and creative quality.
• Maintains, shapes, and expands the organization's brand and its brand experiences.
• Collaborates with other teams within Marketing and the organization to ensure a positive brand experience.
• Participates/leads presentations of creative work to internal colleagues and stakeholders.
• Participates in cross-departmental brainstorms and/or helps shapes creative ideas/initiatives.
• Consistently delivers high quality work that meets business objectives.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
• BA or BFA in Art, Design, or Marketing. MA or MFA in related field preferred.
• 6+ years of professional design experience, preferably with demonstrable experience working on integrated campaigns.
• Possess a strong and conceptual portfolio of work that demonstrates impeccable design skills including composition and typography, within a variety of multi-channel campaigns and brand expressions.
• Solid knowledge of steps required for different creative assignments.
• High level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
• Hand-lettering, illustration, and photography skills as well as photo retouching are preferred.
• Basic (even tertiary) knowledge of HTML 5 + CSS 3 and an understanding of mobile design is a plus.
• Ability to understand client needs and present work to stakeholders.
• Ability to solve creative problems cost-effectively and in tight deadlines.
• Experience in developing campaigns for multicultural audiences.
• Remain current on visual design techniques and technologies.
• Capable of concepting and collaborating on multiple campaigns and projects in parallel, on time and on budget.
• Exceptional and flexible design aesthetic.
• Excellent knowledge of typographic principles.
• Practical experience working with print vendors and digital agencies/departments.
• Strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and public speaking skills.
• Proven ability to effectively work in a team of diverse individuals.
HOURS / LOCATION:
As indicated above, our client is interested in engaging a Senior Designer or Art Director who can offer on-site availability in the range of 15 to 40 hours/week for the near term, foreseeable future. All work will be done at the organization's national headquarters offices, which are easily accessible via Metrorail and Metrobus in NW, DC.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is offering a pay rate of between $45/hour and $60/hour. While our job description indicates a minimum of six-years of experience are required, we are interested in hearing from truly talented individuals who might be considered appropriately qualified regardless of level of experience.
The actual rate offered will be commensurate with experience and market norms. Brainstorm Creative Resources strives to pay competitively. However, it is unlikely (but not impossible) that we will be able to pay early career applicants at the top of the stated salary range. More experienced and appropriately qualified design professionals can expect that we will make a strong case to our client, to pay you at the top of the range.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003. We are recruiting for this position at the request of our client, the hiring organization.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see the "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity."
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of Washington, DC should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.