Website Data Entry .:. non-profit org. (Work-from-home; part-time)
|Company Order Number:||1420|
|# of openings:||1|
Brainstorm Creative Resources is supporting a non-profit organization that fights childhood obesity, undernourishment and physical inactivity by helping schools become healthier environments.
Our client is interested in engaging a freelance design/development professional who can begin working on a website content entry project midway through March, that will likely continue through the end of April. The actual assignment end date is TBD, and will depend on how quickly the individual chosen for the assignment completes the scope of work described in this announcement.
We are not specifying a set number of hours to be worked each week. However, we are most interested in talking with well qualified candidates who can commit to working 15 - 20 hours/week until the project is complete.
Preference will be given to applicants who are full-time consultants, and can therefore be available to interact with the project stakeholder throughout each business day. However, we are also very interested in hearing from very well qualified individuals who may have dayside work obligations, but offer at least some availability for dayside client interactions.
* Work closely with the the project manager to efficiently migrate content from MS Word docs to a new website.
* Ensure the creation of high-quality pages by carefully reviewing freshly entered content. Inspect HTML/CSS code, test links, apply proper formatting to headers, sub-headers and pull quotes.
* Populate call-to-actions and other page elements as needed (video, photo gallery, list of files, quick facts).
* Upload photos, including tags, captions and credits. Resize images as needed.
* Apply meta-tags such as image alt-text, page titles and meta descriptions.
* Maintain a list of questions and issues and report back to project manager.
* Review progress with project manager and plan content migration tasks for the upcoming week.
* Participate in pre-launch QA tasks, such as proofing web content and reporting bugs or issues (broken links, missing photo credits or captions, etc.).
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
* Experience working with enterprise-level content management systems as a manager or assistant/associate-level web content administrator, web content specialist, web manager or in another role that would be considered highly relevant to this project.
* Specific experience migrating content into WordPress. While this is not absolutely essential, it is highly preferred. We will closely consider all applicants with demonstrable WordPress content management experience before considering other applicants with general content management experience.
* Basic understanding of HTML/CSS.
* Attention to detail: Ability to spot issues such as typos, incorrect font or font sizes, inconsistent styles, extra white space and missing page elements such as photo captions.
* Meticulous organizational skills.
* Writing and editing skills a plus.
* Basic Photoshop skills a plus.
HOURS / LOCATION:
This is a work-from-home assignment. All work can be completed from the location of your choice. You will not be asked to interview with the project stakeholder in-person and you will not need to visit him/her for in-person meetings. Brainstorm Creative Resources strives to engage professionals who live in the metro-Washington, DC area and we will ask to meet the most well qualified local applicants for in-person interviews.
To summarize: We are seeking well qualified individuals who are interested in the following work situation:
(1) a freelance assignment;
(2) that can be completed remotely;
(3) starting mid-March;
(4) likely continuing through mid- to late-April.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is offering a pay rate of between $35/hour and $45/hour. We are are interested in hearing from demonstrably qualified individuals who might be considered appropriately qualified regardless of level of experience.
The actual rate offered will be commensurate with experience and market norms. Brainstorm Creative Resources strives to pay competitively. However, it is unlikely (but not impossible) that we will be able to pay early career applicants at the top of the stated salary range. More experienced and appropriately qualified design professionals can expect that we will make a strong case to our client, to pay you at the top of the range.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003. We are recruiting for this position at the request of our client, the hiring organization.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see the "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity."
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of Washington, DC should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results