A Washington, DC-based non-profit organization that represents the travel industry and whose mission is to increase travel to the United States, is looking to engage a Graphic Designer in a temporary role through the end of August 2019. Candidates will ideally be looking to work approximately 25 hours/week.
The individual in this position will work with the organization's Senior Designer and internal stakeholders, and will play an essential role in the conception and execution of creative marketing ideas. S/he will ensure that designs are in line with the organization's brand and strategy when developing any of the following: research reports and policy fact sheets, print and digital event collateral, digital advertising, social media graphics, video graphics and other design tasks as needed.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is recruiting for this position at the request of the hiring organization -- a group we have supported on a wide variety of hiring efforts since 2014. We typically post salary and rate ranges in public-facing job descriptions (see below), but we do not typically include employer names. If you are interested in applying for this position, we hope you will allow us to represent you, rather than working independently to identify the hiring organization so that you can inquire with them directly.
* Execute at the direction of marketing and communications team members, various projects at initial conception, or in partnership with the team’s Senior Designer.
* Deliver exciting and fresh designs while meeting the organization's brand guidelines and style guide requirements.
* Communicate regularly with project managers to meet design and production deadlines before final delivery of projects.
* Organize project files within file management systems and actively participate in project management platforms to effectively communicate progress and facilitate questions in a timely manner.
* Other duties as assigned.
• BA or BFA in Art, Design, or Marketing. MA or MFA in related field preferred.
• 3+ years of professional design experience in a non-profit, corporate or creative agency setting.
• Possess a strong and conceptual portfolio of work that demonstrates impeccable design skills.
• Solid knowledge of steps required for different creative assignments.
• High level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
• Excellent knowledge of typographic principles.
• Basic (even tertiary) knowledge of HTML 5 + CSS 3 and an understanding of mobile design is a plus but not necessary.
• Ability to understand client needs and present work to stakeholders.
• Ability to execute in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
• Current on visual design techniques and technologies.
• Capable of concepting and collaborating on multiple projects in parallel and on time.
• Exceptional and flexible design aesthetic.
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
• Proven ability to effectively work in a team of diverse individuals.
This positions is neither fully on-site nor fully remote (i.e. work from home). The employer will be looking for more of an on-site presence early in the assignment, to facilitate a quicker and more productive ramp-up. Over the course of the rest of the assignment it will be possible to do some –maybe much– of the work from home during regular business hours, but the employer has indicated that it will be helpful for the Graphic Designer to offer flexibility to spend some time on-site during particularly busy weeks.
We are seeking well qualified individuals who are interested in the following work situation:
(1) a temporary role offering roughly 25 hours/week;
(2) through the end of August 2019;
(3) in Washington, DC;
(4) very close to Metrorail and Metrobus stops;
(5) starting as soon as possible.
We are suggesting an hourly rate range of $30 to $40/hour. When multiplied by 25 hours/week, these rates generate weekly income of $750 to $1000.
Brainstorm Creative Resources strives to pay competitively. However, it is unlikely (but not impossible) that we will be able to pay early career applicants near the top of the stated salary range. Alternatively, highly experienced professionals whose resumes indicate substantial, relevant experience can expect that we will make a strong case to our client, to pay you at or near the top of the range.
The actual weekly rate offered will be commensurate with your experience and will largely be based on the following factors: credentials as detailed in your resume, your interview experiences with Brainstorm Creative Resources and/or our client, and quality of reference providers and references provided.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of the workplace should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employer.