Brainstorm Creative Resources is supporting a global membership organization with headquarters offices in Bethesda, MD, that serves treasury and finance professionals. They are looking to engage a multidisciplinary Graphic Designer in a temporary role through the first week of October 2019. Ideal candidates will be looking to work 20 to 25 hours/week on-site in Bethesda.
Under the direction of an experienced Art Director who has been with the organization for more than ten years, the Graphic Designer will develop creative concepts and designs for a wide variety of print, online and events-oriented marketing and promotional initiatives.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is recruiting for this position at the request of the hiring organization -- a group we have supported on a wide variety of hiring efforts since 2006. We typically post salary and rate ranges in public-facing job descriptions (see below), but we do not typically include employer names. If you are interested in applying for this position, we hope you will allow us to represent you, rather than working independently to identify the hiring organization so that you can inquire with them directly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Works closely with the Art Director in the conceptualization and design of marketing collateral for print and online.
* Creates/assists in creation and production of a variety of (1) printed items including: ads, brochures, catalogs, direct mail, publications and (2) online materials including: ads, social media graphics, graphics for the organization's website and graphics-enhanced e-mails.
* Maintains project work schedule updates and works with team members to ensure deadlines are met.
* Participates in creative brainstorming meetings.
* Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience in graphic design (3-4 years preferred).
* Mac proficiency.
* Demonstrably excellent skill using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
* Some experience working in a professional marketing/design team setting.
* Basic MS office skills.
* A portfolio that clearly indicates the depth and breadth of your experience producing marketing and/or advertising-oriented design for a consumer-facing business, non-profit organization or professional services organization.
All work will be done at the organization's offices in Bethesda, MD. The work location is highly accessible via the Bethesda Metrorail stop, as well as bus lines. There are multiple public garage parking options nearby.
We are seeking well qualified individuals who are interested in the following work situation:
(1) a temporary role offering roughly 25 hours/week;
(2) through the first week of October 2019;
(3) in Bethesda, MD;
(4) very close to Metrorail and Metrobus stops;
(5) starting as soon as possible.
We are suggesting an hourly rate range of $30 to $40/hour. When multiplied by 25 hours/week, these rates generate weekly income of $750 to $1000.
Brainstorm Creative Resources strives to pay competitively. However, it is unlikely (but not impossible) that we will be able to pay early career applicants near the top of the stated salary range. Alternatively, highly experienced professionals whose resumes indicate substantial, relevant experience can expect that we will make a strong case to our client, to pay you at or near the top of the range.
The actual weekly rate offered will be commensurate with your experience and will largely be based on the following factors: credentials as detailed in your resume, your interview experiences with Brainstorm Creative Resources and/or our client, and quality of reference providers and references provided.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of the workplace should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employer.