A well-established advocacy and lobbying organization with a focus on foreign affairs and national headquarters offices in Washington, DC is looking to engage a Speakers Bureau Assistant in a long-term, on-site, temporary position that supports an internal team which recruits and manages the experiences of speakers for the organization’s annual Policy Conference.
The Speakers Bureau Assistant will provide critical logistical support in managing internal client relationships and speaker’s experiences in the lead-up, during and following the conference.
Brainstorm Creative Resources typically maintains a focus on recruitment for creative and editorial services positions. We are recruiting for this position at the request of a long-term client --one we have supported on an annual basis for more than ten years-- who has asked us to stretch beyond our typical parameters, to help with their search.
While this position is currently defined as “temporary,” and we are not actively offering it as a “temporary-to-permanent” transition opportunity, we can share that our client his hired temporary Brainstorm Creative Resources employees into full-time positions in years past.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Follow up with event speakers who have not responded to invitations, and keep the Speakers Bureau team informed regarding the status of outstanding invitations.
2. Respond promptly to speakers’ inquiries and track speaker requests.
3. Manage confirmed speakers’ registrations and guest requests, coordinate travel arrangements with the organization's travel agency, and assist with hotel arrangements.
4. Maintain, in real time, accurate speaker records in our internal database.
5. Work with the organization's internal clients, including responding to inquiries, track and follow up on client requests.
6. Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
1. Previous experience in client-facing or customer service roles, both individually and as part of a team.
2. Perform calmly and efficiently in high-pressure, fast-paced situations, including delegating responsibilities, multi-tasking, and making thoughtful decisions in a high-stakes environment.
3. Must have strong attention to detail and be able to manage time wisely.
4. Ability to think strategically and solve problems creatively and independently as they emerge.
5. Full competency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, and able to learn other databases and applications.
6. Exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with colleagues and partners inside and outside the organization.
7. Bachelor’s degree preferred or commensurate experience.
HOURS / LOCATION:
We are seeking well qualified individuals who are interested in the following work situation:
(1) a temporary role with full-time hours through the end of March 2020;
(2) with services to be performed at the employer’s offices in Washington, DC;
(3) very close to a Metrorail and Metrobus-accessible location;
(4) starting as soon as possible.
As noted elsewhere in this job description, this role will feel like a full-time position for the duration of the assignment. All work will be done at the employer's workplace, which is in a contemporary, privately owned office building a short distance from Union Station. Candidates must be interested in working roughly 40-hours/week -- typical full-time hours. Individuals who can only work part-time or who are interested in working from home should not apply. The workplace is easily accessible via car, Metrorail and Metrobus and there are many parking garage and metered on-street parking options.
We are suggesting a broad weekly pay rate range of between $850 and $1100. These weekly rates, when annualized, are the basis for salaries ranging from $42,500K to $55,000K. Alternatively, when considered on an hourly basis, the weekly rates are equivalent to $21.25/hour to $27.50/hour.
Brainstorm Creative Resources strives to pay competitively. However, it is unlikely (but not impossible) that we will be able to pay early career applicants near the top of the stated salary range. Alternatively, highly experienced professionals whose resumes indicate substantial, relevant experience can expect that we will make a strong case to our client, to pay you at or near the top of the range.
The actual weekly rate offered will be commensurate with your experience and will largely be based on the following factors: credentials as detailed in your resume, your interview experiences with Brainstorm Creative Resources and the client organization, and quality of reference providers and references provided.
This engagement is structured differently than most temporary assignments. Instead of being paid only for the hours you work (which is a staffing industry norm), you will paid for working 40 hours each week -- even if you actually work fewer hours. This policy extends to all days that the employer's office is officially closed for vacation and also to personal and sick days within reason, but not to long strings of days when you might be away from work for personal reasons. It's worth mentioning that the organization's offices are sometimes closed for the entire week between Christmas and New Year's Day. So you may have up to one full week of paid vacation over the holidays. The engagement also offers a limited overtime differential. Overtime will be calculated under a federally mandated formula that indicates different rates each week, depending on how many hours were actually worked during that week. We will gladly provide documentation regarding the overtime policy and explain the specifics of it to the most well qualified applicants.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of Washington, DC should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.