A well-established advocacy and lobbying organization with a focus on foreign affairs and national headquarters offices in Washington, DC is looking to engage an Operations Associate in a long-term, on-site, temporary position. The role will offer full-time work hours and a firm weekly pay rate that will provide dependable income, similar to a salary. Our client would like to fill the role immediately and they expect that work will continue through at least the end of March 2020.
The Operations Associate will be responsible for coordinating overall Event and Creative Services (ECS) department operations in addition to assisting the director of the department. This individual should be extremely organized and able to perform in a high volume, high intensity work environment.
Brainstorm Creative Resources typically maintains a focus on recruitment for creative and editorial services positions. We are recruiting for this position at the request of a long-term client --one we have supported on an annual basis for more than ten years-- who has asked us to stretch beyond our typical parameters, to help with their search.
While this position is currently defined as “temporary,” and we are not actively offering it as a “temporary-to-permanent” transition opportunity, we can share that our client his hired temporary Brainstorm Creative Resources employees into full-time positions in years past.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide administrative and logistical support to the director and deputy director of the department including answering phone calls and emails and managing daily calendars.
* Help in the planning and execution of department events, including regular department meetings and retreats.
* Order food for working meals and department-wide events.
* Maintain clear understanding of technical systems such as meeting room AV, video conferencing system, etc and ensure all systems are functioning properly prior to meetings requiring said systems.
* Assist in processing invoices and tracking and maintaining department expenses and budgets, as needed during high volume times.
* Work with the Business Operations team to ensure each team is utilizing our project management system –Pfunc– effectively.
* Assist in the tracking of the progress of department projects and events, including a major, annual conference and 50-60 national and regional events.
* Assist in monitoring and maintaining systems, processes and workflows for overall department operations.
* Schedule, facilitate, and track agenda items for meetings, including the distribution of notes and follow up actions, when needed.
* Create, or participate in the creation of project documentation.
* Communicate with internal and external stakeholders on project development and timelines.
* Other projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
* Bachelor’s degree preferred, or commensurate experience.
* 1-2 years of relevant work experience required.
* Exhibit attention to detail and maintain the ability to grasp both the big picture and fine points of an event or project.
* Comfortable working in a pro-Israel political environment required.
* Perform calmly and efficiently in high-pressure, fast-paced situations.
* Experience with Concur or Anybill preferred, but not necessary.
* Maintain full competency in Microsoft Office Suite and be able and willing to train and master other intricate database, financial management, and computer applications.
* Enthusiastic self-starter with a can-do attitude; can work independently and as part of a team.
* Outstanding organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining confidentiality and good working relationships with colleagues and partners.
HOURS / LOCATION:
We are seeking well qualified individuals who are interested in the following work situation:
(1) a temporary role with full-time hours through the end of March 2020;
(2) with services to be performed at the employer’s offices in Washington, DC;
(3) very close to a Metrorail and Metrobus-accessible location;
(4) starting as soon as possible.
As noted elsewhere in this job description, this role will feel like a full-time position for the duration of the assignment. All work will be done at the employer's workplace, which is in a contemporary, privately owned office building a short distance from Union Station. Candidates must be interested in working roughly 40-hours/week -- typical full-time hours. Individuals who can only work part-time or who are interested in working from home should not apply. The workplace is easily accessible via car, Metrorail and Metrobus and there are many parking garage and metered on-street parking options.
We are suggesting a broad weekly pay rate range of between $920 and $1120. These weekly rates, when annualized, are the basis for salaries ranging from $46K to $56K. Alternatively, when considered on an hourly basis, the weekly rates are equivalent to $23/hour to $28/hour.
Brainstorm Creative Resources strives to pay competitively. However, it is unlikely (but not impossible) that we will be able to pay early career applicants near the top of the stated salary range. Alternatively, highly experienced professionals whose resumes indicate substantial, relevant experience can expect that we will make a strong case to our client, to pay you at or near the top of the range.
The actual weekly rate offered will be commensurate with your experience and will largely be based on the following factors: credentials as detailed in your resume, your interview experiences with Brainstorm Creative Resources and the client organization, and quality of reference providers and references provided.
This engagement is structured differently than most temporary assignments. Instead of being paid only for the hours you work (which is a staffing industry norm), you will paid for working 40 hours each week -- even if you actually work fewer hours. This policy extends to all days that the employer's office is officially closed for vacation and also to personal and sick days within reason, but not to long strings of days when you might be away from work for personal reasons. It's worth mentioning that the organization's offices are sometimes closed for the entire week between Christmas and New Year's Day. So you may have up to one full week of paid vacation over the holidays. The engagement also offers a limited overtime differential. Overtime will be calculated under a federally mandated formula that indicates different rates each week, depending on how many hours were actually worked during that week. We will gladly provide documentation regarding the overtime policy and explain the specifics of it to the most well qualified applicants.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of Washington, DC should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.