Brainstorm Creative Resources is supporting a NoVA-based technology services company that provides software assurance and compliance testing technologies to private and public sector organizations. They are looking to engage an experienced User Interface Designer on a consulting project.
The project will be focused on improving the design of an existing portal that allows analysts to evaluate the security and privacy of mobile applications. The desired outcome is to indicate code that a developer can fix, or security problems that an enterprise would want to know about before their users install the application on personal or business phones. The typical user is a software developer or an enterprise IT security analyst.
We strive to recommend to our Washington, DC-area clients, candidates and consultants who live within a commutable distance of local employer workplaces. That goes for work-from-home projects as well, although we sometimes invite remotely located professionals with highly specific and relevant experience to apply for projects that don't require an on-site work presence. Our client on this project has indicated that some face-to-face meetings would be desirable. They've also suggested that they are active online collaborators. So while we would prefer to engage a local consultant on this project, we will actively and closely consider applicants who do not live in the metro-DC area.
* At least three years of ongoing, professional experience working as a User Interface Designer or Interactive Designer in professional settings. However, the "years of experience" metric will not by our primary evaluation criteria. We are equally interested in hearing from talented, early career designers with directly relevant experience AND highly experienced designers who have worked on a wide variety of UI projects.
* All applicants must have at least some experience providing visual design for dynamic, interactive sites (such as portals, online marketplaces, etc.) and tools.
* A portfolio that clearly demonstrates the depth and breadth of your UI design experience.
* Resumes and/or cover letters should indicate depth of experience working closely with developers, and if possible, specific projects on which there was a high level of interaction with developers.
* Practical UX design and/or UX analysis experience is a plus.
* Good presentation skills for discussing designs with the client team.
Our client's offices are in McLean, VA. They are easily accessible via car and are a ten-minute walk from the Silver Line Greensboro Metro Station. As noted elsewhere in this project description, just about all work can be done from the remote location of your choice. Our client has indicated that some face-to-face meetings would be desirable. But we will consider local and non-local candidates equally.
DURATION / HOURS:
Our client has not suggested a project timeline. Interested parties should currently be able to offer some availability in November, December, January and possibly February. We expect that a clear timeline will be determined during a consultant's initial conversations with the client.
We believe a rate range of $80/hour to $135/hour is appropriate for qualified User Experience Designers who bill within regional market norms. We will ask one or more consultants to submit project cost estimates after talking with our client, and we expect those estimates to be based on the hourly rate range outlined in this announcement. However, we are interested in receiving applications and inquiries from all individuals who meet the skill requirements indicated above.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of the workplace should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employer.