Brainstorm Creative Resources is supporting a marketing and public affairs firm that would like to engage a User Interface Designer on a work-from-home website redesign project. The end user client is a Washington, DC-based consumer finance-oriented trade association that has just undergone a branding redesign effort.
Brainstorm Creative Resources has supported the client organization since 2012, and previously supported its founder when he was affiliated with another firm.
We can provide the following details directly to the most well qualified applicants: the name of our public affairs firm client; the name of the trade association; a look at the trade association's redesigned branding; a list of sites for trade associations and for-profit companies that operate roughly in the same market space as the trade association we are supporting. Additionally, as always, we will be looking to connect the top one or two applicants for direct conversations with our client.
While a website redesign is the primary focus of this project, our client has suggested that it would be ideal to work with a designer who can also handle HTML/CSS coding. The live website will be built on the DotNetNuke (DNN) platform.
Lastly, we have been told that most of the content from the trade association's current site will port over to the newly redesigned site, and that the trade association.
* At least three years of ongoing, professional experience working as a User Interface Designer or Interactive Designer in professional settings. However, the "years of experience" metric will not by our primary evaluation criteria. We are equally interested in hearing from talented, early career designers with directly relevant experience AND highly experienced designers who have worked on a wide variety of UI projects.
* An online portfolio that clearly demonstrates the depth and breadth of your UI design experience; it should include examples of UI designs produced for multiple websites.
* Resumes and/or cover letters should indicate depth of experience working closely with developers, and if possible, specific projects on which there was a high level of interaction with developers.
* Practical UX design and/or UX analysis experience is a plus.
* Good presentation skills for discussing designs with the client.
AVAILABILITY / LOCATION:
We strive to recommend to our Washington, DC-area clients, candidates and consultants who live within a commutable distance of local employer workplaces. That goes for work-from-home projects as well, although we sometimes invite remotely located professionals with highly specific and relevant experience to apply for projects that don't require an on-site work presence. Our client on this project has indicated that they would be glad to consider user interface design professionals living outside the Mid-Atlantic region, but within the eastern time zone.
Additionally, while we typically prioritize full-time consultants for these types of projects, our client has indicated that they will consider talented designers who have full-time dayside commitments, provided those designers can offer availability to work on this project throughout each week, and also at least limited availability for occasional dayside conversations.
We expect this project to kick-off either within the first week of 2020, or around the beginning of the fourth week of January.
Our client has indicated the budget (i.e. consultant pay) ceiling is $9K.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of the workplace should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employer.