Brainstorm Creative Resources is supporting a marketing and public affairs firm in Washington, DC that is looking to engage a graphic designer on project-oriented work related to 508 compliance.
The individual chosen for this scope of work will be responsible for creating, converting and formatting documents and other communications products to be readable by assistive technology devices, therefore ensuring accessibility to people with disabilities and compliance with 508 regulations.
All work can be done from a home studio or other location of the designer's choosing. However, we are only looking to talk with individuals who are permanently located in the metro-Washington, DC area.
Brainstorm Creative Resources has supported the client organization in an ongoing manner since 2011.
* Analyze and ensure all assigned deliverables and work products, including videos and documents, comply with 508 regulations.
* Quickly troubleshoot and correct assigned deliverables and work products.
* Perform 508 compliance and accessibility testing.
* Perform technical editing and quality control of pre-authored documents and products.
* Convert Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and InDesign documents into PDF format.
* Meet deadlines, ensure consistency of quality of products and minimize error percent rate.
* Support product development and 508 compliance checks from various workstreams, as needed.
* Resume, detailed professional profile, LinkedIn bio and/or cover letter (any one or more than one of these items) that clearly outlines your previous 508 compliance work experience.
* High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
* Basic level of comfort with Adobe InDesign and (to a lesser extent) other Adobe design products.
As expressed elsewhere in this job description, we are offering a work from home assignment. The person chosen for this role will be able to do all work from a home office or other location of his/her choosing in the Washington, DC area. We will note here though that the client's workplace is easily accessible via Metrorail, Metrobus, car and other forms of transportation in NW, Washington, DC.
SCHEDULE / HOURS:
Our client has not indicated a specific timeline or number of hours that will need to be committed. We expect that support will initially be needed mid- to late-February, and that that the need for support will be ongoing through the roughly the middle of 2020. We are ideally looking to talk with individuals who can commit a minimum of 15 hours/week to this scope of work. More availability will be better.
Brainstorm Creative Resources typically shares target pay rate ranges in job descriptions. (Please see other jobs we have posted currently, here: https://brainstormresources.com/find-work/#current-openings.) However, this is a skill area that we don't regularly service and therefore we cannot recommend rate ranges. We are looking forward to talking with relevantly skilled and experienced professionals and are prepared to pay competitive market rates.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of the workplace should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employer.