An educational technology company that partners with top colleges and universities to bring their degree programs online is looking to engage a talented and experienced mid- to senior-level interactive designer in a three-month-long, work-from-home (anywhere in the United States), part-time position.
We are hoping to talk with designers who can work at least 20 hours/week, and ideally those who might be available to commit close to 30 hours/week. No specific start date has been set, but we would like the designer chosen for this role to begin work in early July.
Projects will include design for websites, static and animated online ads and e-mail promotions. The person in this role will work closely with a highly experienced creative lead and a robust team of full-time design and production professionals. As also referenced below, this organization's interactive design process is built around use of Adobe XD. We'll stop short of calling Adobe XD experience required. Some experience working in XD will be helpful; more experience will be more helpful. We'll be looking closely for it in resumes.
Please apply if you can work during normal business hours -- at least most of the time. This is essential. For this scope of work at least, we are not interested in receiving inquiries from designers who already have full-time, dayside commitments and are only looking for evening/weekend work.
Brainstorm Creative Resources has supported the client organization since 2016. We can share the organization name, the creative manager's credentials, information about our work history with the organization and examples of the types of products that might be produced in this role, with the most well qualified applicants.
* Some previous experience working in Adobe XD and their design systems is highly desirable. More is better!
* Deep general experience working in other Adobe design applications.
* A portfolio of interactive design work that clearly demonstrates the depth and breadth of your experience by showcasing the best of you've produced during at least the last few years. Extra credit for pointing us in the direction of your work examples that could be considered directly relevant to this role.
All work can be done remotely (i.e. from your home) anywhere in the United States. You will not need to visit the organization's offices, which are in the Washington, DC area. It is worth mentioning that much of the organization's full-time staff works remotely year-round.
We are seeking well qualified individuals who are interested in the following situation:
(1) working 20 - 30 hours/week;
(2) mostly during typical business hours;
(3) entirely from a remote location (your home, etc.) anywhere in the United States;
(4) ongoing for three months starting in early July.
Brainstorm Creative Resources strives to pay competitively. For this scope of work we are suggesting a rate range of $45/hour to $55/hour. We are interested in hearing from demonstrably talented rising mid-level Designers, established mid-career Designers, Senior Designers and Art Directors with varying years of experience.
It is unlikely (but not impossible) that we will be able to pay rising mid-level Designers near the top of the stated salary range. Alternatively, highly experienced Senior Designers and Art Directors whose resumes and portfolios communicate substantial, relevant experience can expect that we will make a strong case to our client, to pay you near the top of the range.
The actual rate offered will be commensurate with your experience and will largely be based on the following factors: credentials as detailed in your resume, your portfolio, your interview experiences with Brainstorm Creative Resources and/or our client, and quality of reference providers and references provided.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application with a resume, work samples, salary request and cover letter (or at least a brief note) that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Applicants who inquire without submitting these items should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.