Jaguar Land Rover North America’s internship program is a great opportunity for college students entering their junior or senior year, or who are currently in a graduate school program, to gain hands-on experience in the exciting world of the automotive industry! This is a great opportunity for personal growth and development from a business and learning perspective.
Details of the program:
- The program is open only to students at a Junior or Senior level in their Bachelor’s Degree program, or who are enrolled in a Graduate School program.
- The Internship is for a full year, June 2019 to May 2020, and the successful intern must be able and willing to commit to the full length of the program.
- Intern is asked to work for 25-29 hours per week during business hours in the Mahwah, NJ office (Business hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM, and the intern’s actual daily schedule will work around their class schedule).
Department: Product Planning
Location: Mahwah, New Jersey
Outline of Role:
This internship will provide an opportunity to develop business acumen, leadership, and project management skills, as well as develop analytical and reporting skills.
The successful intern will be responsible for supporting team members in a variety of tasks and project areas, including:
- Pulling data sets, investigating competitive offerings, and project support for strategic decision making;
- Assisting in the development and execution materials produced for all product lines, including website updates, brochures, dealer order guides, etc.;
- Assure accuracy of customer facing materials; and
- Support the Product Team on various projects for the expanding product line as needed.
Key Criteria for Role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in progress (Junior or Senior), or pursuing a graduate studies degree (Marketing, Business, or related discipline preferred);
- 3.0 GPA or higher;
- General interest in the Automotive Industry;
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills;
- Previous marketing experience and/or coursework;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- High level of professionalism;
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, strong work ethic, team player, ability to build rapport and communicate confidently;
- Ability to leverage insights to draw sound conclusions and translate them into actionable recommendations; and
- Previous internship in Product or Marketing role preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.