Jaguar Land Rover North America’s internship program is a great opportunity for college students entering their junior or senior year, or who are currently in a graduate school program, to gain hands-on experience in the exciting world of the automotive industry! This is a great opportunity for personal growth and development from a business and learning perspective.
Details of the program:
- The program is open only to students at a Junior or Senior level in their Bachelor’s Degree program, or who are enrolled in a Graduate School program.
- The Internship is for a full year, June 2019 to May 2020, and the successful intern must be able and willing to commit to the full length of the program.
- Intern is asked to work for 25-29 hours per week during business hours in the Mahwah, NJ office (Business hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM, and the intern’s actual daily schedule will work around their class schedule).
Department: Technical Services
Location: Mahwah, New Jersey
Outline of Role:
Gain an understanding of Front Desk Engineering and Retailer Service Department Operations
Learn hands-on retailer experience in our local Technical Center
Apply academic skills learned in areas of reporting, problem solving, and process improvement
Achieve an insight into people and processes involved when JLR Products are received in the four North American Ports
Key Roles and Responsibilities: the successful candidate will get a unique chance to:
Support the Customer Service team in data analysis and presentation pack in various areas such as retailer performance, warranty claims, customer experience insight…
Participate in the delivery of continuous business improvement through analysis of customer feedback and JD Power Customer Service Index data
Support the development, testing and deployment of new diagnostic tools & techniques
Complete a pre-delivery inspection and hand over a management lease vehicle to Senior Management
Define a real customer concern or product defect, complete a market problem definition, and support and push the project from open to closure in the Market Service Fix process
Key Criteria for Role:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Business, Technology (Junior or Senior) or pursuing a graduate studies degree
- 3.0 GPA or higher;
- General interest in the Automotive Industry;
- Strong Excel and pivot table knowledge;
- Knowledge of PowerPoint;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to be pro-active within the organization to find information from the right people;
- Ability to research and marry information/perform analysis across programs;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- High level of professionalism;
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, strong work ethic, team player, ability to build rapport and communicate confidently.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.