Jaguar Land Rover North America’s internship program is a great opportunity for college students entering their junior or senior year, or who are currently in a graduate school program, to gain hands-on experience in the exciting world of the automotive industry! This is a great opportunity for personal growth and development from a business and learning perspective.
Details of the program:
- The program is open only to students at a Junior or Senior level in their Bachelor’s Degree program, or who are enrolled in a Graduate School program.
- The Internship is for a full year, June 2019 to May 2020, and the successful intern must be able and willing to commit to the full length of the program.
- Intern is asked to work for 25-29 hours per week during business hours in the Mahwah, NJ office (Business hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM, and the intern’s actual daily schedule will work around their class schedule).
Department: Training & Recognition
Location: Mahwah, New Jersey
Outline of Role:
The Training Intern will be responsible for coordinating aspects within the Training operation, including Learning Technologies, Rewards and Recognition, Non-Technical, and Technical Training. Responsibilities will also include:
Coordination of reporting analytics for department performance and Business Builder metrics, Non-Technical and Technical
Retailer performance metric coordination – Distribution of retailer specific targets
JLRU.COM and - administration of retailer communications and requests
Journey to Excellence administration, including awards fulfillment and distribution
Administration of retailer personnel course completion and certification requirements
Coordination and support of Global reporting requirements, including the preparation of periodic presentations
Key Criteria for Role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in progress (Junior or Senior), or pursuing a graduate studies degree (Marketing, Finance, Business, or related discipline preferred);
- 3.0 GPA or higher;
- General interest in the Automotive Industry;
- Strong Excel and pivot table knowledge;
- Knowledge of PowerPoint;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to be pro-active within the organization to find information from the right people;
- Ability to research and marry information/perform analysis across programs;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- High level of professionalism;
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, strong work ethic, team player, ability to build rapport and communicate confidently.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.