Creating Experiences that Customers Love, for Life. This is the singular purpose of Jaguar Land Rover and is built around a focus to always put the customer first.
Jaguar Land Rover has recently started a new partnership with the World’s leader in autonomous mobility services. Through this partnership, the company will deliver 20,000 vehicles, along with all of associated maintenance and warranty work for the useful life of each vehicle.
Reporting to the Deputy General Counsel for North America, the attorney in this role shall assist the legal department of Jaguar Land Rover North America by providing legal advice to the company to support autonomous mobility projects which will require substantial experience in contract drafting, interpretation and negotiation, as well as knowledge of automotive franchise laws, warranty obligations, and customs, safety, and emissions compliance and other related areas of law. The attorney shall advise the company regarding best practices, policies and processes relating to the foregoing topics. The attorney may also be required to handle privacy law issues, insurance-related issues, and assist the legal department as needed in other areas of law. This attorney shall continuously develop and maintain the legal expertise needed to perform the role.
The successful candidate must have the ability to actively manage a large workload, juggle different legal areas and projects and to prioritize tasks, while planning and accomplishing objectives in a timely manner. He/She must have strong business acumen and be able to work productively and collaboratively with the business teams in a solution-oriented manner, remain flexible to respond to the changing requirements of the business and evolving needs of the legal department, and must perform tasks in a hands-on manner with excellent judgment on getting value from outside counsel.
- Provide daily legal services related to autonomous mobility projects of the company, including contracts, warranty issues, compliance/safety regulatory issues, and other related areas of law. Train the business in best practices on the foregoing areas.
- Assist in areas of privacy law, insurance-related issues, consumer law issues and assist as needed in other areas of law and other needs of the legal department
- Bachelor’s degree and a J.D. degree from an accredited law school
- Member of the Bar in a U.S. state and be in good standing
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Advanced commercial contract experience
- Superior drafting and negotiating skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, and Excel)
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Advanced automotive experience strongly perferred
- At least 2 years prior in-house legal experience
- Strong litigation experience
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally as needed
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.