Creating Experiences that Customers Love, for Life. This is the singular purpose of Jaguar Land Rover and is built around a focus to always put the customer first.
Our state-of-the-art research and development facility in Portland, Oregon, is focused on improving our customers' digital user experiences, both in and out of our vehicles. We implement established and emerging best practices, drawing from many disciplines and the full digital ecosystem, including consumer electronics, smart systems, apps, and web technologies. Collaborating across the globe, our teams bring digital convenience and control to our customers.
The successful candidate will deliver working code on embedded targets using C/C++, Python, Bash and pipeline tooling. Git, open source practices, and linux development environment familiarity will be important along with embedded development experience. Strong familiarity working with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery such as Gitlab CI, Travis, Jenkins, etc is a must. A strong understanding of containerization and virtualization will also be expected (e.g. Docker, Vagrant, QEMU, KVM) and the ability to create ephemeral infrastructure for generating and deploying images from code onto target hardware using CMAKE, Make, Yocto, Autotools, etc.
- Establish and maintain an automated path to production from code commit to vehicle
- Develop and debug, build, deploy, and test related issues
- Develop automated software tools and utilities to improve the developer process
- Create and maintain software which allows developers to focus on developing rather than infrastructure activities
- Support a rapid release strategy across all dependencies
- Perform other duties as required
Key Criteria for the Role
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Problem solving autonomously
- Vendor management experience with cross-time zone teams a plus
- Expert level build automation & CI/CD (“DevOps”) experience required
- Supreme Git skills
- branching and merging strategies
- rebasing on master and squashing commits
while understanding why
- Continuous Integration skills
- Build automation experience, specifically for
- Experience with scripting languages and process
- (e.g. Python and Bash)
- Integration and automation of test suites in the
- Familiarity with AWS/GCP and Hashi-Corp stack a plus to build IaC
- Functional Linux / OSS usage
- Professional experience with virtualization/containerization of software systems and IaC
- Platform integration and hardware flashing
- Working within a distributed software team and with outside suppliers/vendors
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.