Creating Experiences that Customers Love, for Life. This is the singular purpose of Jaguar Land Rover and is built around a focus to always put the customer first.
Our state-of-the-art research and development facility in Portland, Oregon, is focused on improving our customers' digital user experiences, both in and out of our vehicles. We implement established and emerging best practices, drawing from many disciplines and the full digital ecosystem, including consumer electronics, smart systems, apps, and web technologies. Collaborating across the globe, our teams bring digital convenience and control to our customers. We are looking for a passionate individual to join us this journey.
The successful candidate will act as a key member of our development team, designing and building software that advances new user experiences and technologies within our vehicle software ecosystems.
- Coordinate with Lead position to design and implement software systems to meet desired user experience, functional, and security requirements.
- Contribute to documentation in code comments, wikis, written reports, among other formats of functional code and project findings
- Work closely with Product and Project management teams to ensure successful completion of projects
- Contribute to the development, maintenance, and feature requirements for Mobile Application DevOps tools and processes, coordinating these with peers across JLR's global development sites
- Provide technical input to the ideation, discovery, and scoping processes in creating and grooming our pipeline of projects
- Support communication with internal and external stakeholders and technical experts to support project execution
- Perform other duties as required
Key Criteria for the Role
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Professional level development experience in Android is required
- Java experience required; Kotlin experience beneficial
- Experience building and maintaining continuous integration tools is beneficial
- Professional AGILE experience is required
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC is committed to being champions of diversity and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Offers of employment will be conditioned on an individualized assessment of background check and drug screening results after a conditional offer is made.