Creating Experiences that Customers Love, for Life. This is the singular purpose of Jaguar Land Rover and is built around a focus to always put the customer first.
Our state-of-the-art research and development facility in Portland, Oregon, is focused on improving our customers' digital user experiences, both in and out of our vehicles. We implement established and emerging best practices, drawing from many disciplines and the full digital ecosystem, including consumer electronics, smart systems, apps, and web technologies. Collaborating across the globe, our teams bring digital convenience and control to our customers.
Software Architects are responsible for software design quality, clarity, and longevity. Working closely with C/C++, embedded system tools, and silicon-to-pixel CI/CD toolchains, we design and create the initial version of our production software that can be scaled out to other offices and external vendors.
- Working with the open source communities to influence and learn from their direction (GENIVI, Linux Foundation, W3C, OCF, and others), internal stakeholders, collaborating partner companies and external suppliers to design and prove our future production software
- Design, document, and evolve software architectures for full automotive stacks, from the kernel up to network interaction, GUI frameworks, and sensor / actuator interaction
- Rapidly iterating and developing concepts on a variety of platforms and technologies
- Mentor and advise developers on best software development practices
- Drive architecture standards across JLRs worldwide presence
- Integrate multiple technologies into a single, coherent platform that empowers the wider engineering effort in JLR
Key Criteria for the Role
- Bachelor’s degree required, or relevant experience equivalent required
- 5-7 years' experience required
- Professional level system programming experience is required
- Professional Linux based development required
- Professional architecture experience required
- Professional system integration experience required
- Speech and natural language processing experience is a plus
- Proven ability to document and present complex topics to a wide audience
- Continuous Integration (Yocto, git, JIRA, etc) experience is required
- Demonstrable experience of working with Open Source Communities
- Working with internal stakeholder’s development teams and outside suppliers/vendors
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Jaguar
Land Ro3er North America, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all
terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation, and training.