Creating Experiences that Customers Love, for Life. This is the singular purpose of Jaguar Land Rover and is built around a focus to always put the customer first.
Our state-of-the-art research and development facility in Portland, Oregon, is focused on improving our customers' digital user experiences, both in and out of our vehicles. We implement established and emerging best practices, drawing from many disciplines and the full digital ecosystem, including consumer electronics, smart systems, apps, and web technologies. Collaborating across the globe, our teams bring digital convenience and control to our customers.
We are looking for a qualified AVIT/IT Technician that will install and maintain computer systems, networks, and audio-visual equipment aiming for the highest functionality. You will also “train” users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure.
A successful IT Technician must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
The goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimize the role of technology on business sustainability.
Responsibilities - Hardware and Networks
• Support and Maintain Printers
• Deploy, support, and maintain Linux based servers
• Deploy, support, and maintain Windows/MacOS/Linux desktops and laptops and necessary peripheral devices
• Support Monitors, Screens and other devices
• Deploy, monitor, and maintain LAN, WAP, Switches for Cisco network infrastructure
• Deploy, monitor, and maintain Crestron infrastructure
• Deploy, monitor, and maintain audio-visual infrastructure
• Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
• Deploy, monitor, and maintain Mobile phones and other mobile devices
Responsibilities - Software
• Install, configure and support appropriate software and functions according to specifications
Responsibilities - Support
• Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
• Review, support an advise on security issues and best practice
• Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
• Support O365 and other corporate software
• Support MS Teams, video / voice and meeting room equipment
• Support for user access requests / passwords
• Raise Support tickets on behalf of users and liaise with other internal IT teams until resolved
Responsibilities - Service Delivery - General
• Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance
• Process all employee Moves, Joiners, Leavers
• dentify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
• Manage the leased equipment inventory and ensure items are returned on time and replacement items are ordered in a timely manner
• Manage Warranty items
• Be the point of contact for managing 3rd party suppliers
• Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
• Maintain an asset inventory and audit process
• Produce monthly reports on service levels and performance
• Monitor ticket performance
• Perform RCA on repeat issues and take corrective / recommended actions
• nput to and ensure compliance with the Corporate IT strategy and agreed approach for the function
• Help develop policies
Key Criteria for the Role
• Ability to manage a small team and budget
• Ability to prioritize workload and make decisions
• Bachelor's Degree and minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar role
• Experience of supporting a medium organization (c. 100 people)
• Hands on experience of installing IT hardware and software
• Knowledge of IT operating systems, especially Windows 7, 10, MacOS, and Linux
• Diagnostic and problem-solving skills
• Organizational and time-management skills
• Good understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
• Great customer focus and communications skills
• Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.