The Retailer Accounting Analyst is responsible for oversight of the billing process for 360 retailers in the US and 50 retailers in Canada. The primary focus of this role is to evaluate the ongoing processes for efficient operation, identify errors or omissions and implement solutions, and to identify potential efficiencies that can be gained through automation and implement those actions. This role will also be involved with providing accounting and analytical support as it relates to the above activities.. This role will also have direct ownership of the control environment (SOX) around the above areas of responsibility.
- Manage the creation and posting of the monthly retailer statement, ensuring all transactions are posted timely and accurately. Monitor and reconcile the retailer portal where monthly transactions are posted for proper posting of debit and credit memos
- Review and reconcile feeds received from internal systems and external vendors. Where errors or discrepancies exist, identify cause, recommend potential solutions, and implement measures to correct. Ensure through analytic procedures that all transactions included are appropriate and no transactions are missing.This involves an analytical review of large quantities of data using advanced spreadsheet functions to identify anomalies.Where anomalies exist, research questionable transactions for root cause of exception, recommend solution and implement corrections
- Review work of offshore processing center and ensure productivity and accuracy is in line with service level agreement
- Identify and implement opportunities to automate posting of transactions to the monthly retailer statement by working directly with 3rd party vendors and IT programmers
- Prepare retailer bulletins to notify retailers of significant issues or changes to their transaction invoices and monthly statements and communicate directly to retailers
- Support new program launches as they relate to billings or credits to retailers; work directly with internal stakeholders and vendors to create specification for data to be received, test interfaces and provide final business approvals
- Manage the net settlement process with retailers by generating payment/collection file that settles via electronic funds transfer (either in or out) with retailers twice monthly; coordinate with Treasury to ensure adequate funds are on hand to make settlement payments
- Direct support for SOX reviews, internal reviews and external audits
Key Criteria For Role
- Bachelors degree in accounting or other business discipline
- 5+ years in accounts receivable and collection coupled with strong knowledge of billing and collections
- Strong communication and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast past and rapidly changing environment
- Must display strong interpersonal skills
- SAP R3 Experience
- Advanced Excel skills
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.