Creating Experiences that Customers Love, for Life. This is the singular purpose of Jaguar Land Rover and is built around a focus to always put the customer first.
The Sales Planning Analyst is responsible for the demand and supply planning and reporting of sales and stock for Jaguar and Land Rover, supporting the achievement of agreed sales and market share targets and ensuring that production volumes, seasonality and allocation by model are optimized to create balance between supply and demand. Position maintains the current year forecast and supports the development of the annual budget and long term business planning process working closely with Product Planning, Global Supply Operations and Finance.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Demand Planning of US JLR sales and stock by Model, Engine, Trim and Model Year for the monthly forecast, annual budget and six year business plan which will drive production requirements from the factory
- Supply Planning with Global Supply Operations and Distribution to ensure production allocations optimally support short and long term sales objectives and to deliver a joined up supply chain process
- Product Mix Analysis of engine, derivative and trim take rates versus the sales and financial budgets identifying risks and opportunities
- Launch Planning of new model and model year sales and stock
- Reporting of monthly sales and stock forecasts for financial development, departmental local fixed and variable costing and external communication
- Market Intelligence development to analyze and track market size and economic situation and provide early warning to management to any uplifts or downsides
- Create presentations used by the highest levels across the JLR business
- Prepare weekly sales forecast risk and opportunity updates for Management
- Provide ad hoc reports and detailed analysis as needed
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Forecasting and analysis experience using advanced Excel worksheets
- Experience in retail, production and/or distribution operations
- General understanding of financial reporting
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel and Power Point
- Prioritization, multi-tasking skills and ability to work quickly and accurately under tight monthly submission deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s Degree level of education or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years work experience
- Strong forecasting and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Finance or Accounting
- Automotive experience helpful but not required
- Forecasting experience in a retail environment including competitive sales analysis
- Familiar with production planning and distribution operations
Location: Mahwah, New Jersey
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.