Creating Experiences that Customers Love, for Life. This is the singular purpose of Jaguar Land Rover and is built around a focus to always put the customer first.
At the core of these experiences are the products themselves. The Jaguar brand has undergone a dramatic transformation over the past couple of years, including a series of major product actions that have fundamentally shifted what defines a Jaguar. These include:
- Jaguar F-TYPE: first Jaguar Sports Car in 50 years
- Jaguar XE: first compact sedan in over 6 years
- Jaguar F-PACE: first ever Jaguar SUV
- Jaguar E-PACE: first extension of the Jaguar SUV family
- Jaguar I-PACE: first ever Jaguar EV
- Special Vehicle Operations: performance division, with special models, such as the F-TYPE Project 7, XE SV Project 8 and F-PACE SVR
- Jaguar Elite Care: Best-in-Class new vehicle Warranty and Maintenance
As customers evolve more rapidly than ever, and the advent of a new generation of the automobile is upon us, we are looking for the right person to help steer the product strategy for this iconic brand and deliver more fantastic new products like those mentioned above.
The Jaguar Product Manager will be responsible for the overall leadership and strategy direction for Jaguar product in North America. In this leadership role, you will define the vision for the Jaguar product portfolio, driving regional and global strategic alignment.
As the ultimate champion for the Jaguar brand, you will also develop extremely close relationships with all other areas of the business. These stakeholders will be critical in helping to form and deliver the broader strategy and business plans.
You and your team will also work very closely with Global Product Management, Design and Engineering, to align local needs with the overall Global product strategy and development plans.
Responsibilities will be focused on three main areas:
LEADERSHIP: you will lead, develop and inspire a talented team of Product Planners. You’ll foster a culture where people feel valued and excited to define a new future for Jaguar, particularly in terms of product feature, performance attributes, value, competitive positioning and pricing. You and your team will take and embed this brand and product advocacy across the whole of the North American organization. Further, you’ll build a deep bench of talent that is ready to take on greater responsibilities and bring this strategic thought leadership into other areas of the business in the future. You’ll also ensure that this team has the support they need from all other areas of the business that they interact with.
STRATEGY: you’ll be the expert on what constitutes an exceptional product experience and will ensure your team is defining a product with the greatest possible desirability and experience. You will align your strategy with broader company and department priorities, and translate this vision and strategy into actionable team, Regional and Global goals.
OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE: You will be responsible for meeting an ambitious set of targets, providing fast but high quality recommendations, meeting demanding schedules, and ensuring market success. You will solve customer problems creatively and tenaciously, ensuring that end-user value is maximized in every product. You will build strong cross-functional relationships to ensure that every product and go-to-market strategy is properly deployed. Most importantly, you will drive a culture that uses every resource available to deliver customer satisfaction, market share and profitability for every Jaguar product line.
Additional responsibilities of the position Include, but are not limited to:
- Develop cross-brand strategies based on competitive analysis and emerging trends.
- Manage the Product Price Volume Mix and Timing (PPVMT) process, ensuring a cohesive customer proposition and go-to-market plan
- Develop and monitor dashboards related to Product health, with a focus on segment forecasts, market share development, revenue, incentives, profitability and lifecycle actions.
- Present and define future strategy with Public Relations and Marketing teams for accurate positioning and communication strategies.
- Collaborate with Customer Service teams to ensure delivery of expected levels of customer satisfaction, initial quality and dependability.Develop mitigation and response plans as necessary.
- Define, communicate and instill overall product positioning and communication strategy that is then duplicated in every external effort.
- Represent the Company and product at external events. Engage with retailers, customers and press to understand opportunities for future brand and product enhancements.
- Manage and support the team, while investing in personal development and growth.
- Drive consistency and clear strategy among the entire Jaguar family of products
- Develop papers and presentations for senior management, including preparation for Executive Committee discussions, Global Product Marketing Committee and Voice of Market submissions.
- On-going communication and/or presentations to internal stakeholders, Retailers, agency partners, press and customers.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Finance, Engineering, or a related discipline; Masters or MBA would be a plus;
- 5+ years relevant product management experience, preferably in Automotive;
- Knowledge of product planning processes in the Automotive Industry (OEM or Tier 1) is a plus;
- Experience analyzing key market data to provide recommendations based on a sound business case is essential;
- Keen understanding of brand strategies, and how to implement;
- Must have a strong analytical skillset, ideally with experience in pricing strategy;
- Must have strong business acumen, and the ability to work with people at varying levels within the organization;
- Strong track record of presenting, interacting and influencing at all levels of an organization;
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly PowerPoint and Excel;
- Must have the ability to travel (approximately 25% of the time); and
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Location: Mahwah, New Jersey
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.