The Woodlands Manager is responsible for the overall Woodlands Operations for Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Limited. Ensuring the operation meet legislative, environmental, and standard operating requirements.
- Ultimately responsible for the environment, quality and safety performance of Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Woodlands
- Supervise preparation of an annual budget for harvesting, silviculture, road construction, and overhead departments with Woodlands Division
- Responsible for ensuring that operating costs are within budget
- Provide direction to staff on dealings with contractors and pulp fibre suppliers from outside of our Company limits
- Regularly review reports related to quality – length tests, cull/undersize/debris/trimming, inventories and fibre freshness, saw log production and quality, fibre utilization, and chip quality
- Liaise with government departments as needed
- Participate as a member of the Senior Leadership Team
- Other duties as required
Certified forester or Forest Engineer
Minimum of 15 years of work experience in the Woodlands industry
Progressive supervisory and management experience
Aptitude to function as a Change Agent, to foster creativity and idea generation
Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
Ability to prioritize, plan, organize, and lead a large team
Capacity to exercise problem solving techniques in the analysis of a problem
Ability to assess and make decisions in urgent and demanding situations
Proficient use of computers (ie. Microsoft Office)
Strong communication skills, written and verbal
Successful candidate will be required to submit a Certificate of Conduct from a local police agency or the RCMP before commencing employment.
Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Limited is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest in Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Limited, but only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.