The Thermomechanical Pulping (TMP) Supervisor, reporting to the TMP Superintendent, is responsible for the day to day operation of the TMP Plant.
- Plan and coordinate shift activities for TMP Operating crew.
- Use data to benchmark shift performance on a weekly, monthly and annual basis in comparison to departmental targets.
- Perform routine problem solving of operating issues and implement corrective actions.
- Provide department superintendent with corrective action recommendations.
- Participate in and demonstrate leadership in introducing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Support measurable Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the Department. Manage spending, so as to adhere to the approved budgets.
- Co-ordinate minor maintenance activities with tradespeople.
- Prepare routine reports as required and use PI information to monitor performance and provide feedback.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and communicate customer feedback to crews.
Post secondary degree in Process Engineering, Certified Engineering Technologist (CET),
A minimum of 5 years experience in manufacturing environment.Work experience in a Pulp and Paper environment is considered an asset.
Engineers must be registered, or be eligible for registration, with the Professional Engineers and Geoscientists Association of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL).
Excellent communication and organizational skills, strong analytical and problem solving ability, and solid project management skills are essential.
The Successful candidate must be able to work evening and weekends when required
Successful candidate will be required to submit a Certificate of Conduct from a local police agency or the RCMP before commencing employment.
Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Limited is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest in Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Limited, but only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.