Kruger Energy is a team of 70 colleagues who work with the goal of using resources responsibly and aiming to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the future, all while respecting our host communities and having in mind the well-being of future generations.
We are a dynamic team that strives for excellence while focusing on our employees, respect for our partners and our social responsibility.
Currently, our engineering team is looking for a motivated candidate to fill our Project Engineer position.
The Project Engineer performs engineering duties in planning and managing operational, maintenance and development type projects in order to sustain Kruger Energy’s operating assets and to ensure the development of new "green-field" projects as well as new potential acquisitions.
The Project Engineer reports to the Manager of Engineering and Maintenance.
The Project Engineer may provide guidance and supervision to engineering coop students when required. No other positions report to the Project Engineer.
Provide support to the operation and maintenance of KEI power generation equipment:
- Canadian based Hydro Power Plants; HBI and Zeballos
- US based Hydro Power Plants located in Maine, New York and Virginia states
- KEI Wind farms: Kemont in Quebec and KEPA/KEC in Ontario
Lead and/or provide technical support to renewable energy development and improvement projects, in order to meet the Companies’ strategic objectives in hydro, wind and solar development projects.
Lead and plan, design, carry out and complete routine capital projects assigned to him, in order to meet operational requirements and ensure long-term infrastructure and equipment reliability. Participate in the implementation of strategic capital projects.
Lead condition and engineering assessment of equipment and facilities in the field and help develop short, medium and long term solutions.
Assist in developing renewable energy projects through all phases, from preliminary feasibility studies and construction to operation.
Works with other project engineers in the group, as well as external consultants to achieve his assigned objectives.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (mechanical or civil)
- Must be a member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec and be able to be licensed as an engineer in other jurisdictions if required.
- Have 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrate proficiency in French and English (Spanish an asset)
- Demonstrate strong technical expertise in the renewable energy sector and notably in hydro power generation.
- Show proficiency in relevant computer programs, such as spreadsheets and databases in the MS Office suite of applications and specialized engineering software
- Be able to meet the physical requirements of the job such as site visits and assessments
- Be available to travel in Canada and the United States or internationally
If this description matches your profile, we look forward to receiving your application!