Kruger Energy is a team of 70 colleagues who work with the goal of using resources responsibly and aiming to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the future, all while respecting our host communities and having in mind the well-being of future generations.
We are a dynamic team that strives for excellence while focusing on our employees, respect for our partners and our social responsibility.
Currently, our team is looking for a motivated candidate to fill our Optimisation and Systems Engineer position.
The Optimization and Systems Engineer of the optimization room supports the Operations team, responsible for Kruger Energy's power generation sites (solar, wind, hydroelectric and energy storage).
The Optimization and Systems Engineer reports to the Director of Engineering.
No positions report to the Optimization and Systems Engineer.
- Maintain, modify, update, implement and parameterize applications, systems, programs or automation equipment.
- Respond to different customer needs related to transaction data and systems.
- Make changes and improvements, correct problems with applications, systems, programs or data acquisition equipment.
- Assist in drafting weekly and monthly reports on the monitoring of performance indicators.
- Contribute to the analysis of performance data and provide recommendations for optimizing energy production sites.
- Participate in studies on the evolution of existing and future solutions, identify possible improvements to technologies in place, suggest new technologies to replace obsolete equipment.
- To monitor technological advances and trends related to the industry (solar, wind, hydro and storage)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical, Industrial or Automated Production Engineering);
- Must be a member of L’Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec
- Have at least 2 years of relevant experience in:
- Automation, technical support and systems supervision;
- Design and administration of SCADA systems;
- Commissioning of SCADA systems;
- Data modeling, design and administration of databases.
- Knowledge of the following areas is considered an asset:
- Production and transport of energy;
- Data Acquisition Applications and Software Packages
- Programmable logic controllers
- Windows Server and SQL Server relational database management systems
- Object-oriented programming and scripts.
- Sense of organization
- Good management of priorities
- Good analytical ability
- Ability to work in a team and be customer oriented
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook)
Every employee must implement Kruger environmental policy in their daily tasks. In particular, employees are responsible to abide by legal and corporate environmental requirements, and must adhere to all environmental procedures. Every employee is responsible to report all environmental incidents and any potential environmental hazards.
Every employee has the duty to take the necessary measures to protect their health and safety, as well as the safety of others in their work environment. Every employee should participate in the identification and elimination of hazards at work.