The Energy Storage Manager acts as the "leader" for two key pillars of our 2025 strategic planning. More specifically, the candidate must define the go-to-market strategy for energy storage as well as for the electrification of transport
As part of his mandate, the Energy Storage Manager must have an in-depth knowledge of the efficient energy storage & transport electrification markets. It also needs to know the key players in these markets. Thus, the candidate must create partnerships with all stakeholders in the supply chain (developers, battery suppliers, contractors, utilities, etc.).
- As the ultimate energy storage and transportation electrification manager for the division, the candidate must be at the forefront of developments and opportunities in the renewable energy storage sector in Canada and the United States and make recommendations to management.
- Develop and execute a strategic deployment plan for energy storage & transportation electrification in North America (U.S. West Coast and Canada), two of the three new strategic pillars for Kruger Energy.
- Develop strong business and commercial relationships with potential customers and partners in order to increase Kruger Energy's positioning in the renewable energy storage market.
- Act as Kruger Energy's spokesperson to influence and "shape" the regulatory framework of a young and growing industry (representations to various government authorities).
- Evaluate and prepare recommendations for energy storage projects and acquisitions by conducting technical and economic analyses in the context of project development or due diligence reviews. Present these recommendations to Kruger Inc.'s senior management and to the Investment Committee in order to obtain their approval for new business opportunities.
- Lead all energy storage projects on a stand-alone basis or in electric vehicles (management of multidisciplinary project teams). More specifically, be accountable, at a high level, for all related aspects of project development, including development, permitting, land acquisition, utility or client relations, financing, leading to construction and operation of projects.
- Coordinate the preparation of calls for tenders and calls for qualifications related to energy storage in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team.
- Optimize the profitability of our existing sites by integrating new energy storage technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or business.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience, including solid experience in investment and energy storage.
- Ability to read the market and seize investment opportunities.
- Strong sense of entrepreneurship.
- Financial knowledge required.
- Technical knowledge developed in the field of Energy Storage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Analytical mind, rigour, method and organization of work.
- Availability to travel on a regular basis, by car or plane, including to the main project sites.
- Fluency in French and English.