As a member of the Helpdesk team, this position provides front line support for all incoming requests within Kruger. The position requires working knowledge of Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) concepts such as those detailed in the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework, specifically: Service Transition, Service Operations, and Continuous Service Improvement.
The position provides data analytics to drive service solution improvement decisions. Participation in development of Service Desk KPI’s and daily performance management systems elements is also required.
This position is actively participating and taking initiatives in continuously improving I.T. Service Desk process and procedures maintenance, governance, and other initiatives to optimize the team’s performance.
The Helpdesk Agent reports directly to the Service Desk Team Lead, and ultimately to the Director, I.T. Operations.
The Service Desk Agent is an active participant in the Service Desk L1 Team and is responsible for processing and escalating requests as needed according to process and defined SLA’s. The incumbent also maintains the Service Desk Process and Procedures documentation and practices, including training of new technicians / agents.
The Helpdesk Agent will be an active contributor to Service Desk Performance Analysis and continuous improvement activities.
- First point of contact for customer (end user) Helpdesk requests including both incident and service request management.
- Process, triage, and escalate requests in a cordial and timely manner according to documented processes, procedures and tools.
- Adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- Self-monitoring and reporting of performance
- Collaboration with other team members to load balance request volume
- Training new technicians in the use of Service Desk Plus software including incidents, requests, escalations, asset database, knowledgebase (Solutions), etc.
- After hours on call rotation to support Kruger’s critical services
Leadership and Continuous Improvement
- Collaborates with the Service Desk Team Lead to help to continually improve process and efficiencies within the team. Valuable contributor to Performance Analytics of Service Desk. Service Level Agreement refinement and governance, using designed Key Performance Indicators.
- Reviews all Service Desk process and procedures while participating and executing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Leads by example: attends meetings, training and seminars; execute company policies.
- Communicates proactively on status of ongoing tasks, roadblocks, successes and risks to his/her team lead, or to the project manager, as needed.
- A University Computer Science or Business Commerce degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1-2 yrs experience with Systems Support and Operations
- Knowledge of ITIL framework specific to Service Transition, Operations, and Continuous improvement a plus.
- Working knowledge of diverse Windows Operating Systems for both clients and servers
- Working knowledge of Service Desk Incident Management Tools (ex. ServiceNow, ZenDesk, Service Desk Plus, etc.)
- Working knowledge of business intelligence tools such as PowerBI, Qlikview Server, etc. is a benefit
- Strong background in Analytics and Business Intelligence Tools
- Process oriented, problem solving mindset, continuous learning skills
- Team player, flexible and able to work on own initiative and with minimal supervision
- Requires strong customer focus, organizational skills, respect for others, and adaptability to change;
- Good communications skills with technical stakeholders and comfortable with communicating with non-technical stakeholders
- Microsoft Office Suite (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Teams, Skype for Business etc., SharePoint)
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), and working knowledge of French