ABOUT KRUGER INC.
A forward-looking and progressive company since its very foundation over a century ago, the Kruger organization is constantly evolving and looking for the best talent for its establishments located across Canada and the US. In addition to its traditional industry sectors where the Company built a solid reputation worldwide, namely pulp and paper, forest products, paperboard and packaging, Kruger Inc. is now active in such diverse sectors as green energy, wines and spirits, tissue products and recycling. Because sustainable development and the responsible use of resources are at the core of its success, several of Kruger’s establishments and practices are certified under the strictest industry standards.
More recently, Kruger announced a capital investment of $575 million for the construction of a new, state-of-the-art tissue plant in Sherbrooke.
The Manager, Procurement – Capex will manage the capex category as part of the Supply management function. The incumbent will be responsible to execute the sourcing activities for the capex category: Profile Sourcing Category, Develop Sourcing Strategy, Generate Supplier Portfolio, Select Implementation Path, Negotiate & Select Suppliers, Operational Integration of Suppliers, and Continuous Benchmarking of Supply Market.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies for the category, consistent with the overall supply management objectives, including alternate suppliers’ assessment, transition strategy and related communication & information. The he communicates category strategy, objectives and performance targets with the management team of relevant business function.
- Lead teams to develop detailed business plans for process improvements and continuous improvements related to the category. He develops material and reference documentation on the sourced material and equipment in order to efficiently communicate with the various manufacturing divisions.
- Define requirements and specifications for sourced materials and assists in the development of strategies for newly and existing sourced goods by working in close collaboration with manufacturing management to position the potential savings.
- Monitor supply market, suppliers’ performance and identify opportunities. He develops and manages extensive databases for all contracts and suppliers.
- Ensure that Procurement provides timely, high quality products and/or services to internal stakeholders in a cost-effective manner. Ensure quality of internal demand management.
- Prepare and administer bids, requests for quotes, requests for proposals, requests for information, and other vendor documentation.
- Act as a central point of contact for category spend.
- Bachelor degree in engineering, business or a related field.
- 10-15 years of related experience
- Certified Professional Purchaser (C.P.P.) designation or registration in the educational program of the Purchasing Management Association of Canada.
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Ability to communicate and work with suppliers and across Business Unit boundaries to drive category strategy implementation.
- Comprehensive experience drafting vendor agreements including the ability to strategically assess and mitigate risk with vendors and suppliers through well-structured agreements.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Available to travel on a regular basis.
Kruger is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest in Kruger but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.