Reporting to the Group IT services manager, the Computer Technician provides on-site and remote support to users. He/she ensures that IT equipment and services supporting plant operations are operating properly. He/she shares information with several IT teams.
Assesses technical issues and business problems, creates work tickets, prioritizes those tickets based on productivity, finds solutions, and resolves technical issues while working within the assigned priorities and in compliance with policies and standard IT procedures.
- Provides specific, timely and creative solutions to users’ IT and network issues to ensure their productivity. He/she installs and repairs the Plant’s hardware. Performs on-site and remote repairs and maintenance in order to resolve issues, and uses advanced troubleshooting when equipment that is causing problems cannot be isolated or repaired by using standard procedures, or installs software, performs migrations and modifies configurations.
Supports network infrastructure and adheres to established norms and standards.
Validates the necessary data back-ups for quick, one-time or complete service recovery.
Maintains and improves computer systems for which he/she is responsible so that users have uninterrupted, quality service.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES_____________________________________________________
Ability to interact with technical and non-technical people
Organized, ability to prioritize, good analytical skills, ability to work independently, thorough
Strong customer-service orientation
Fluent in English (oral and written) and working knowledge of French
- 3 Year Cerificate in Computer Science, at a minimum
- Two (2) years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in Windows, Windows Server, Unix and Linux platforms
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, SNMP, SMTP protocols, etc.