ABOUT KRUGER INC.
A forward-looking and progressive company since its very foundation over a century ago, the Kruger organization is constantly evolving and looking for the best talent for its establishments located across Canada and the US. In addition to its traditional industry sectors where the Company built a solid reputation worldwide, namely pulp and paper, forest products, paperboard and packaging, Kruger Inc. is now active in such diverse sectors as green energy, wines and spirits, tissue products and recycling. Because sustainable development and the responsible use of resources are at the core of its success, several of Kruger’s establishments and practices are certified under the strictest industry standards.
The Procurement Manager, Chemicals will manage the chemicals category as part of the Supply management function. The incumbent will be responsible to execute the following strategic sourcing activities for the chemicals category, Profile Sourcing Category, Develop Sourcing Strategy, Generate Supplier Portfolio, Select Implementation Path, Negotiate & Select Suppliers, Operational Integration of Suppliers, and Continuous Benchmarking of Supply Market.
The Procurement Manager, Chemicals reports to Corporate Director, Procurement, Packaging & Chemicals
- Contribute to the development and lead the implementation of the procurement strategies for the category, consistent with Kruger sites orientation and the overall supply management objectives, including alternative suppliers’ assessment, transition strategy and related communication & information. He communicates category strategy, objectives and performance targets with the management team of relevant business function.
- Lead teams to develop detailed business plans for process improvements and continuous improvements related to the category. He develops material and reference documentation on the sourced material and equipment in order to efficiently communicate with the various manufacturing divisions.
- Define requirements and specifications for sourced materials and assists in the development of strategies for newly and existing sourced goods by working in close collaboration with manufacturing management to position the potential savings.
- Explore, understand and monitor market offering, suppliers’ performance and identify opportunities. He develops and manages extensive databases for all contracts and suppliers.
- Ensure that Procurement provides timely, high quality products and/or services to internal stakeholders in a cost-effective manner. Ensure quality of internal demand management.
- Prepare, negotiate and administer bids, requests for quotes, requests for proposals, requests for information, and other vendor documentation.
- Act as a central point of contact for category spend.
- Bachelor degree in engineering, business or a related field.
- 10-15 years of related experience
- Experience in Pulp and Paper manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and drive improvement initiatives and category strategy implementation.
- Experience in working with suppliers and across internal Business Unit boundaries.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation along with influencing, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization, with sourcing partners and with external vendors.
- Comprehensive experience drafting vendor agreements including the ability to strategically assess and mitigate risk with vendors and suppliers through well-structured agreements.
- Experienced in creation and reporting of a multitude of Performance Metrics related to procurement activities.
- Expertise in the appropriate tools for grading, analyzing, and assessing materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Bilingual (French and English).
Kruger is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest in Kruger but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.