ABOUT KRUGER INC.
A forward-looking and progressive company since its very foundation over a century ago, the Kruger organization is constantly evolving and looking for the best talent for its establishments located across Canada and the US. In addition to its traditional industry sectors where the Company built a solid reputation worldwide, namely pulp and paper, forest products, paperboard and packaging, Kruger is now active in such diverse sectors as green energy, wines and spirits, tissue products and recycling. Because sustainable development and the responsible use of resources are at the core of its success, several of Kruger’s establishments and practices are certified under the strictest industry standards.
The Corporate Affairs and Communications team at Kruger is seeking a dynamic and outgoing candidate to fill a maternity leave position for approximately 16 months.
Based at Head Office, the Corporate Affairs and Communications team handles internal and external communications for the entire Company, including stakeholder relations, media relations, event organization, the production of corporate communications tools and website management.
On a daily basis, we value cooperation and initiative so that each member of our team can showcase their strengths while developing their skills for the benefit of challenging and diversified mandates for our ten activity sectors.
- Help develop communication plans and implement communication campaigns for employees at the Company's head office and divisions;
- Coordinate the production of various communication tools (print, electronic, photo and video) - research, writing, proofreading, production and dissemination;
- Design, write, produce and upload web and social media content to ensure regular site updates;
- Respond to requests for information and material made by internal and external sources;
- Help organize events;
- Prepare the daily press review and monitor social media;
- Provide administrative support to the Corporate Affairs and Communications team; and
- If necessary, represent the Company at external events.
- College or university degree in communications, writing, journalism, public relations or in a field relevant to the position.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of work experience in the field.
- Bilingual (French/English), oral and written.
- Excellent writing and translation skills.
- Ability to analyze, thorough, rigor and attention to detail.
- At ease prioritizing tasks and meeting tight deadlines.
- Good general knowledge and a keen interest in issues related to business, branding and social media.
- Open to working flexible hours (occasional work outside normal hours, depending on current activities).
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion.
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).