ABOUT KRUGER INC.
A forward-looking and progressive company since its very foundation over a century ago, the Kruger organization is constantly evolving and looking for the best talent for its establishments located across Canada and the US. In addition to its traditional industry sectors where the Company built a solid reputation worldwide, namely pulp and paper, forest products, paperboard and packaging, Kruger Inc. is now active in such diverse sectors as green energy, wines and spirits, tissue products and recycling. Because sustainable development and the responsible use of resources are at the core of its success, several of Kruger’s establishments and practices are certified under the strictest industry standards.
The Senior Analyst, Planning and Financial Analysis is responsible for providing the financial and budgetary analysis required by various monthly, quarterly and annual financial processes, including the analysis of consolidated budget variances for senior management and the company's board of directors. The incumbent is also responsible for improving the systems and processes for analyzing and forecasting financial and production data, as well as providing high quality support to the Director, Financial Planning and Analysis.
The Senior Analyst, Planning and Financial Analysis reports to the Director, Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Produce consolidated forecast / budget information from the consolidation system on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis taking into consideration the different accounting standards used in the company (ASPE and IFRS);
- Analyze, explain and summarize budget variances; Make recommendations and follow-up items;
- Consolidate financial information of different divisional systems to update forecast / budget information on a quarterly basis; Insure the integrity and quality of the consolidated information;
- Design, create and maintain management reports for senior management, the Executive Committee, the company’s board of director and the Audit Advisory Committee; continuously optimize and automate financial processes and reporting;
- Support the implementation and management of financial / forecast and production data systems;
- Establish and maintain partnerships with various stakeholders at Head Office and across divisions, through financial processes (monthly, quarterly, budget, financial forecast) and miscellaneous projects;
- Support and advise divisions during the budget process, standardize and consolidate the budgeted financial data and improve the process;
- Support and respond to ad-hoc requests relating to financial planning and analysis.
- CPA, CMA, CGA or CA designation required
- 4 to 7 years of relevant experience in financial accounting and financial analysis (corporate reporting will be considered an asset)
- Knowledge of the ASPE and IFRS accounting standards
- Strong analytical thinking and superior learning ability;
- Strong time management skills and ability to work under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude;
- Autonomy, initiative and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships at all levels of the company;
- Knowledge and proficiency in accounting and financial systems and software; knowledge of Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint is essential; IBM Controller, IBM Planning Analytics (TM1) and JD Edwards software will be considered an asset;
- Bilingualism - French / English (advanced level required);
- The incumbent will be required to travel occasionally
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Kruger is an equal opportunity employer.