ABOUT KRUGER INC.
A forward-looking and progressive company since its very foundation over a century ago, the Kruger organization is constantly evolving and looking for the best talent for its establishments located across Canada and the US. In addition to its traditional industry sectors where the Company built a solid reputation worldwide, namely pulp and paper, forest products, paperboard and packaging, Kruger Inc. is now active in such diverse sectors as green energy, wines and spirits, tissue products and recycling. Because sustainable development and the responsible use of resources are at the core of its success, several of Kruger’s establishments and practices are certified under the strictest industry standards.
The Human Resources Advisor provides support and advice to employees of the sales administration team regarding human resource matters, throughout the employee lifecycle, while maintaining HR data and files in the various systems in the HR processes.
The incumbent will report to the Vice President, Sales Administration.
- Ensure full support throughout the employee lifecycle with regards to the core HR functions such as recruitment, compensation, onboarding, retention, training and terminations and assist with succession planning and development.
- Advise and coach management and staff on the interpretation and application of Human Resources policies, procedures, legislation, guidelines and best practices.
- Maintains Human Resource Management (HR) system data so that information can be up-to-date and continuously available through the cycles and evolution of employees. Act as system administrator and/or super user for the HR systems; update, maintain, contribute to the continuous improvement and provide support to users on these systems.
- Support change management efforts related to the integration of new HR tools and processes
- Support and oversee employment contract changes, transfers, relocations and re-organizations within departments and ensure appropriate action is taken in respect of staff changes.
- Administer and provide consultation for staff inquiries regarding employee benefits and the defined contribution pension plan.
- Coach and counsel management on best practices in situations relating to performance management and discipline issues, advise and assist with the performance review process, and provide guidance on performance improvement plans.
- Create and update job descriptions and evaluations.
- Participate to workforce planning and succession planning reviews.
- Participate in the annual salary review and bonus processes providing recommendations to managers.
- Collaborate with Benefits Administration and our insurer to manage STD, LTD and CSST cases and to support early and safe return to work.
- Facilitate the resolution of employee relation issues, and workplace harassment by investigating, resolving and tracking complaints, evaluating and recommending possible courses of action, and providing advice, guidance and direction for quick resolution.
- Responsible for coordinating a number of staff programs such as wellness, EAP and other similar programs.
- Lead and participate in Human Resources projects and initiatives as assigned.
- 3-5 years’ previous experience as a Human Resources Generalist.
- University degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent, working towards or holder of CHRP will be considered an asset.
- Ability to mobilize and influence managers
- Knowledge of provincial labor and employment standards legislation and provincial human rights legislation
- Experience working in a shared services environment
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) and experience working with an ATS and an ERP system
- Bilingual in French and English and, both written and spoken.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Kruger is an equal opportunity employer.