The incumbent develops, strengthens and manages personal relationships with senior executives at the Association’s top member companies in order to maximize the value of their MBA membership and engagement. S/he coordinates and facilitates integration within the senior management team in delivering enhanced member value and engagement with MBA. The incumbent provides comprehensive account management and support, connecting members to the MBA resources that support their needs, from engaging on policy issues to leveraging MBA’s conferences, education and research. Success will be ultimately be measured through increased member engagement and sustained retention levels.
- Serves as the primary executive for engaging some of MBA’s top members, which includes approximately 80 companies (“the portfolio”); companies include residential and combined residential and commercial/multifamily MBA members
- Builds relationships with the leaders of those companies in the portfolio, identifying opportunities for MBA to better understand and support their business efforts
- Identifies and understands the issues and challenges of companies in the portfolio, in the context of broader market trends
- Monitors and responds to changes in key member company leadership positions, does immediate outreach and communicates those changes internally at MBA
- Based on direct contact, identifies relevant MBA offerings/services to enhance member engagement. Continuously assesses member needs and identifies MBA services and resources that help address those needs
- Plans and executes/facilitates company-specific strategic engagement programs for companies in the portfolio, including member site visits, preparation of reference materials, and ensures completion on any identified MBA action items that result from the visits
- Working together with other MBA staff, develops and implements strategies to educate key member company leaders and appropriate staff on the relevancy and value of MBA’s resources, including educational products, research, conferences, etc. Ensures that these products and services are easily accessible
- Develops and directs outreach to leaders who may be potential candidates, and have an interest in, taking more active roles in serving on MBA committees and councils, as well as participating in the invite-only CEO Exchange, and speaking at various MBA conferences or events
- Ensures that the CEO/leadership of these top firms are personally invited to MBA’s Chairman’s conference, Mid-Winter conference, and the Chairman’s receptions at Annual and Secondary conferences, to foster engagement with MBA leadership and industry peers
- Identifying opportunities for MBA leadership to speak at key member events of these top member companies via live video or in person to ensure engagement and retention
- Managing the orientation webinars in collaboration with his/her colleagues as well as assisting with mPower event planning.
- The ability to travel for MBA related business, up to 30% annually
College degree required, Master’s Degree preferred, with preferred emphasis on business, sales/marketing, or other job-related discipline. Minimum of 3 years of industry, government, association, or mortgage banking industry experience required. Specific member relations and/or outreach background required. Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral, required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.