The Education Technology Specialist provides technical leadership in support of MBA’s Learning Management System, (LMS). This position is responsible for support, design,development, implementation,delivery and maintenance of content, assets or other resources used for instructional functions. The ETS is the primary system administrator for MBA’s LMS and oversees the installation of all system updates and upgrades as well as tools and software integrated with the LMS to manage the variety of training and content platforms utilized by the department. This position will serve as the primary system administrator for the MBA’s learning management system (LMS), learning content management system (LCMS), and content delivery system (CDS). Additionally the candidate will be responsible for ensuring successful and continuous integrations between the different platforms and MBA’s main association management system (AMS).
- Oversee the system configuration and development, security/permissions, and user administration of the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Lead the development and administration of the LMS, training records and associated templates to ensure training documentation is complete.
- Manages LMS functions which include monitoring course content, approvals and evaluation processes.
- Administers LMS and third party servers, user accounts and network security, sets and maintains security roles and access levels.
- Plans for and manages system maintenance which includes upgrades, updates, configuration and troubleshooting, and user access testing.
- Analyzes documents and communicates the LMS system and business requirements to vendors and internal IT staff.
- Supports the maintenance and management of course materials in LMS and provides support related to document control system requirements
- Process course updates and monitors user access for reporting requirements.
- Works with instructors and internal staff to ensure proper setup and system support for complex learning activities within the LMS.
- Develops and executes member communication strategy and engagement plans.
- Ensure integrations between systems are working properly, and accurate data is passing between internal and external systems in a timely manner.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement new functionalities and enhancements to the LMS.
- Communicate information about system updates and system-related projects to internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead transition from current LMS and AMS to new systems.
- Responsible for content management, including online course publishing and loading of courses to LMS.
- Create reports to monitor and review the catalog, course usage, and user data. Work with Business Development team and other internal stakeholders to communicate course usage data.
- Work collaboratively with the Instructional Design team to create training content.
- Meet with stakeholders to develop learning solutions and workflows that will meet business needs
- Develop and maintain workflows and governance for administrative processes within the system.
- Research and conduct competitive intelligence. Is actively involved in local user groups and attend relevant local seminars to remain up to date on new system functionalities and best practices.
- Ensure accurate and timely new course set-up in AMS and LMS. Ensure registration functionality is working properly for all available courses and products.
- Troubleshoot issues related to the integration between the education systems. Submit technical tickets. Act as liaison between the MBA IT department and various technical vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Educational Technology preferred.
- 2-3 years’ experience working as an administrator in Learning Management Systems (LMS) required, with previous experience using WBT/TopClass preferred.
- Familiarity with baseline Association Management System (AMS) functionality required, with previous experience with iMIS and/or Aptify preferred.
- Familiarity with SCORM functionality preferred.
- Demonstrated project management experience required.
- Demonstrated experience communicating with internal and external stakeholders, including vendors, IT staff, and students and member companies.
- Excellent organizational and time management experience.
- Proficient with MS Office, with emphasis on MS Excel
- Technical skills including LMS troubleshooting, and an understanding of directory file structures and systems
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.