SUMMARY: The Seasonal Security Officer is responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for all guests, associates and company assets.
- Ensures the safety and security of guests and associates.
- Verifies all guests are of age 21 or older upon entering.
- Conducts article inspections on both guests and associates entering/exiting.
- Exhibits a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with customers and fellow associates.
- Assists in transporting money and/or equivalent notes such as gaming tickets.
- Controls access to restricted areas.
- Reacts to guest and associate incidents and accidents.
- Responds to disruptive guest calls.
- Monitors guest and associate passage in and out of facility.
- Responsible for checking for and reporting safety hazards.
- May answer incoming calls to the facility and direct calls or answer guest questions.
- In the event of a fight or verbal confrontation between guests, will use the minimal amount of force or restraint necessary to control the situation and contact a Supervisor or Manager.
- Assists in all emergency procedures.
- Maintains a security booth and completes records using shift activity log.
- Is attentive and present at all times while on shift.
- Any and all duties as assigned by your Supervisor or a member of management.
- Follows GuestPath Universal Service Standards, Operational Service Standards, and SERVE expectations at all times.
- Performs duties in a safe manner; report any potential safety hazards to management staff.
- Performs any reasonable, temporarily assigned job duties outside the position’s job description, where, in the Company’s judgment, those duties are necessary in the interest of efficiency, productivity, or guest service.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
Maintain interpersonal working relationship among all personnel
Ability to verbally deescalate a disruptive guest
Oral and written communication skills
Offers gracious and friendly service
Maintains attentive posture
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Experience in the Security field is not required; training is provided.
- Must possess a positive and friendly attitude.
- Guest Service background is helpful.
- Ability to obtain a valid Ohio Lottery Commission gaming license (completed on site).
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Associate must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state, and local regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is predominately walking and standing; frequently uses the stairs or elevators; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision, color coordination, and ability to adjust focus. The associate may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.