MobiTV is a video delivery solutions expert committed to making the live and on-demand entertainment experience better across all devices and platforms. Our content delivery platform unlocks content from the traditional Set Top Box (STB) experience allowing pay TV providers to seamlessly deliver content to their subscribers on any screen.
MobiTV is looking for a dynamic self-driven DevOps Engineer to join our highly skilled interdisciplinary team. This position entails working with cross-functional teams from Engineering, QA, and Operations. Responsibilities include systems architecture/integration, automation, monitoring, deployment/development, design/implementation, and support for MobiTV’s state of the art media delivery systems.
- Interface and work closely with customers and other cross functional MobiTV teams to achieve common goals
- Participate, drive and execute the development, installation, configuration, and testing of both hardware and software using MobiTV automation tools and scripts
- Contribute to design and implementation of new ideas to improve the efficiency of functionality, performance, reliability, deployments and maintenance of the platform
- Drive cross functional teams to develop technical documentation including architecture diagrams, sizing, process and procedures, administration guides, operation guides, deployment and configuration documentation
- Provide technical guidance to customers while working with MobiTV teams to resolve customer issues
- Assist with managing vendor relationships and keeping current on leading-practices for products and technologies used in customer environments
- Be accountable for delivering all assigned tasks for projects
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or graduate degrees in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years automated operational deployment and support
- Strong Linux operating systems and platforms such as RedHat/CentOS.
- Strong experience developing scripts such as Bash, Python and Ruby.
- Strong experience with at least one programming language (C/C++, Java, Go, etc.)
- Solid experience with version control and repositories such as Git
- Practical understanding of J2EE application servers
- Strong experience with monitoring tools such as Icinga (Nagios), Ganglia, and Prometheus, etc.
- Strong experience with Automated Deployment using Puppet and Heira
- Strong Hypervisor experience such as VMWare ESXi/vCenter and KVM/Openstack
- Strong experience with Linux kickstart provisioning systems such as Cobbler and Forman.
- Strong experience with Linux RPM repositories such as YUM and PULP.
- Solid understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as: HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, UDP Multicast, ICMP and Load Balancing.
- Solid experience with infrastructure services such as LDAP, DNS, DHCP, NTP and SMTP.
- Practical knowledge of Container (e.g. Docker) and Resource managers (e.g. Kubernetes, nomad)
- Track record of practical problem solving, excellent communication, and documentation skills
- Strong collaboration skills and team player
- Good written and verbal communication ability.
- Available for on-call
- Cloud Platforms (e.g. EC2, GCP)
- Apache Webservers, HTTP protocols, and REST
- Content Management Systems
- HLS and Dash streaming protocols
- Content Delivery Networks (CDN) such as Akamai and Limelight
- Load Balancers such as F5 and HAProxy
- Database systems such as Oracle, MySQL, Postgress and Cassandra
- Storage systems such as EMC/Isilon and GlusterFS
- Experience with ELK stack
- Understanding of cryptography
MobiTV is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
Principals only please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to MobiTV. No phone calls please