As our Vice President of Program Management, you will be responsible for overall project delivery with a focus on operational excellence, project finance, risk mitigation, and building a strong program management team. You'll own setting the direction for the Program Management team including defining, implementing, and optimizing standards and processes. At the same time you'll be responsible for owning the overall portfolio dashboard, and digging in where needed to successfully recover projects in crisis.
Ultimately, working in collaboration with our program management, product management, engineering, design, quality assurance and strategy teams, you'll help build software that solves real world problems while delighting our clients and their customers. As a leader you'll guide a cross functional process that consistently results in high quality products and consumer experiences.
- Day to day responsibility and management of the Program Management department including continually assessing and up-leveling the overall competency of the team
- Defining, implementing, and continually optimizing expectations, standards, templates, and processes for the team
- Owning overall usage and adherence of designated project management tools
- Mentor the team in the creation of all project artifacts, including project plans, statements of work, status reports, etc.
- Regularly assessing and communicating portfolio and project health - including scope management, resourcing, schedule and budget.
- Effectively managing risk, escalation and conflict negotiation across the portfolio
- Escalating issue to the leadership team
- Rolling up sleeves where needed to successfully recover projects in crisis
- Drive a cross functional teams towards extraordinary product deliveries
- Proven Leader — you are both a team leader and a team player
- Clear — you provide clear and actionable direction to your team and clients
- Resourceful — you are a go-getter that leads by example, drives self-research and is an endless problem solver
- Collaborative — a dynamic team player, you are proactive about soliciting and giving feedback
- Passionate — you love quality engineering, design and technology and the role it has in the shaping the future
- Provide good technical guidance to project team members so that their abilities and the overall project quality are enhanced
- 10 years minimum experience practicing software project management
- Proven track record managing a portfolio of 15+ projects supported by 100+ people and $15M+ in revenue
- Excellent client facing and communication skills
- Can demonstrate experience of directly rolling up sleeves to tackle and resolve issues to get the job done and ensure both client and company success
- Experience creating, implementing, leading a standard approach for scoping efforts
- Proven track record delivering strong project financial results (including on scope on time, on budget) while managing changes as needed
- Experience managing, coaching, growing and nurturing a group of 10+ people
- Proven track record in creating, implementing and managing operational standards, processes, and templates
- Experience working with pool of shared resources
- Ability to function effectively and communicate with cross-functional teams -- Design, Project/Product Management, Quality Assurance, Strategy, Data Science, Innovations Team, Marketing, Talent, etc, and manage continuously changing business needs
MobiTV is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
Principals only please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to MobiTV. No phone calls please