Do you enjoy utilizing your insurance knowledge and building rapport with clients? Are you good at problem solving and do you thrive in a fast paced environment? Do you long for the stability of working for an agency that has been successfully growing for over 40 years? If so, we are looking for you! R&R Insurance; one of the largest independent and family owned agencies in the Midwest, is continuously looking for qualified individuals to join our team of “Knowledge Brokers”! If you are an experienced claim professional, underwriting professional or account executive who thrives on providing exceptional service and value to clients, then we want to meet you!
- Starting Date: Immediate Opening
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary: Competitive total compensation package ranging between $65,000 - $110,000, commensurate upon experience
- 5 years of workers compensation underwriting experience is desired
- Demonstrated ability to analyze account performance, pricing structures and loss trends
- Knowledge of insurance coverages and strong service skills to independently manage accounts
- Knowledge of claims handling, reserving and experience modification analysis and projection
- Understand the value of doing business face to face with our clients
- Ability to proactively service and grow client relationships
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Sound organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Functional in Microsoft Office software and other business related applications
- Some local travel is required
- Property & Casualty Insurance License
- Insurance designations are preferred
- Manages an assigned book of large commercial accounts and builds, expands, and solidifies relationships with existing clients.
- Works closely with the Sales Executive and client service assistant in management of the overall book of business.
- Acts as an advocate for the client, while overseeing carrier handling of all claims and ensures appropriate reserves and settlements strategies are in place.
- Conduct client claim reviews and account stewardship meetings
- Development of account service plans, establishing deadlines and ensuring all deliverables are met.
- Keeping abreast of exposures, necessary coverages and making appropriate recommendations
- Make informed decisions on carrier selection and be actively involved the placement of insurance program with selected carrier(s).
- In partnership with Sales Executive, coordinate and present policy renewal to client. Reviewing coverages, terms, conditions, pricing and carrier selection(s).
- Liaison between R&R clients and insurance carriers, bringing resolution to any service, claim or underwriting issues.
- Active management of the experience modification calculation process, ensuring the projection and verification process are timely and accurate.
WHY WORK FOR R&R?
- Competitive total compensation package, including paid time off benefits
- Business casual work environment, with flexible scheduling
- New, fully remodeled contemporary office setting, including fitness facilities and café
- Company paid insurance licensing, continuing education and in-house training opportunities
- Contemporary technology, applications and support
- Access to unparalleled advertising and customized marketing support
- The culture of a small company with the benefits of a large company
- Agile, stable private ownership with a family-friendly environment
- 401K with company match and annual profit sharing
- Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flex Spending Accounts and more
- Mileage reimbursement and/or auto allowance
- Discount on personal auto and homeowners insurance
- Discounted passes to local area attractions
- Community involvement through creative fundraising events
If you’d like to join an innovative agency that is setting the tone for the future, join the Knowledge Broker Team today!